Best 3 Row SUV Option

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a three row SUV to lease or possibly buy for my family vehicle and was hoping you might have some good input. I’m kind of in the market because our 2012 grand cherokee is really showing its age and I have another baby on the way, but rates and prices both are pretty high right now so I’m not sure if it makes sense to act now.

I’ve never leased before, but there seem to be a couple good options out there that have payments a lot less than their car payment would be so I’m considering it. Something like the Mazda CX90, Kia Telluride, or XC 90 would be ideal new, but we could also buy those or something larger like a Tahoe used. What do you think? Thanks for any input - I’m not really sure how to evaluate the options.

If you keep cars 10 years, look into a Toyota Grand Highlander or Lexus TX.

Man you suffered 12 years in a Grand Cherokee. Enjoy your next car.

2 Likes

You need to test drive and find what you like best. Don’t forget the Wagoneer.

You could buy a loaner XC90. That way you can get the optional 10 year UNLIMITED mile cpo warranty (its the same as the new car 4yr 50k one)

3 Likes

When I was in your shoes I bought a Telluride. Since then the new Pilot and Grand Highlander have come out so I’d say those 3 are the ones I’d test drive first.

If you’re in Texas you pay the same taxes on a lease as on a purchase (occasional credits aside). I wouldn’t keep paying those taxes every 2-3 years but that’s just me.

Toyota has lease credits on most models for Texas. So if you decide to go with Toyota lmk and I can discount the grand highlander. Can purchase also if you want. I’m like 4k or so off those.

They are both still first year new models and given the weird gas-only GH issues I’ve seen… I’d probably hold off until second year or buy the hybrid-only versions.

Let other folks be the beta-testers.

Seriously though… why not a Sienna? What do you really need from an “SUV”? AWD?

im on the same boat, but in CA. looking into Telluride and Palisade mainly. Highlanders and grand highlanders are extremely expensive to lease for some reason, Mazada cx90 same thing, Pilot too.

I’m at lease end with my ‘22 CX-9 and getting into a new CX-90 PHEV. I’ve loved my car, and it’s been great for our family of 4 with 2 kids in sports. Looking forward to the PHEV for gas savings! I also considered the Highlander and Palisade but for all I can get in the CX-90 for around $450/mo, the other payments were $75-$150 more.

1 Like

Unfortunately the discounts on the cx90 no longer exist. i missed the train :frowning:

I thought the PHEV ones stayed the same for February? Did the $7500 go away?

Yeah those look TX’s look nice but are priced pretty steep for what they are. PHEV is almost 70k hah.

That sounds like a pretty solid CPO warranty - are you saying just look for CPO or is there a way to find loaners?

Yeah looks like that might be the best option out there right now

1 Like

I didn’t know about that that’s good to know ty

Look for a loaner as the 10 years starts from date of first service

The best 3 row SUV is a minivan.

6 Likes

This is 100% correct

2 Likes

The prices that he’s citing may not be possible with Texas taxes and without Mazda CX9 lessee loyalty.

Your best medium to long term bet is a Toyota. Warranty can be extended to 8yr/125k if desired. Nothing beats their reputation for resale and reliability. Something like a Volvo will depreciate a lot more by comparison.

True but he has kids that he wants to keep alive. The volvo is safer (shameless plug)

google volvo xc90 fatalities

The toyota is a great car

1 Like