Baffled by how bad the RAV4 is

We have a 2008 Lexus RX with > 100,000 miles (which I also despise), but I would choose the ancient RX 100 times out of 100 if the only other option was a new RAV4.

1 Like

Is the PRIME any different or you hate that too?

1 Like

I think the more interest comparison would be btw your old RX and the new NXā€¦

1 Like

So the question here is what ~$27k crossover is better than the RAV4?

My relative has one (XLE) and itā€™s like any other crossover to me.

On that $96k RAV4, do they throw in a Camry? If ever there was an illegal ADB, that qualifies.

4 Likes

Ford CEO can you make a roof that isnt defective out of the factory

LR mind selling me vehicles in 2 packs, so when the inevitable CEL comes on, I have a loaner ready to go.

3 Likes

Some say, that you cant put a price on reliability and qualityā€¦

Downtown Toyota of Oakland: HOLD MY BLESSINGS!

3 Likes

Different turd, same bowl.

2 Likes

Thanks for validating my opinion ā€¦. I really wanted to like it but I just couldnā€™t.

1 Like

I wonder what % of so called ā€œunreliableā€ brands have significant issues during a first couple years. If it is well under 1%, I wouldnā€™t make ā€œreliabilityā€ my top criteria and instead buy where my hearth wants.

I really like my highlander hybrid. Great car with what is left of it with 3 kids.

1 Like

I find it hard to believe that the mass market industry gold standard is a) Buick and b) 103 issues per 100 vehicles. Iā€™d love to see more details on what their actual metrics are.

1 Like

JD power is a sham. They count things such as ā€œowner couldnā€™t figure out how to turn on the radioā€ and panel gaps as reliability.

3 Likes

Yeah slow week. Only sold 12 so far usually doing much better by Thursday night. This thread needs to be closed. :joy:

so literally every car has at least one ā€œissueā€ and the worst one has two ? Sign me up for a Range Rover!

https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2022-us-vehicle-dependability-study

Buick actually historically ranks very high in JD Power studies. Not sure if their customer base is particularly easy to please?

Who knows how representative C&Dā€™s experience was, butā€¦

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a23145269/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-reliability-update/

Except: We went from recommending that people buy Giulia QFs to recommending that they lease Giulia QFs to recommending that they stay away from Giulia QFs altogether.

Jalopnik mentions in passing they had to return one of their test cars early b/c of glitches (Actually, Alfa Romeos Are Extremely Reliable).

Europeans apparently donā€™t care much about reliability b/c their reviews donā€™t really make a conclusion about reliability, good or bad.

1 Like

Or as I say buy the Land Rovers in twin packs. They both cant break at the same time right?

german smile GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

1 Like

I think this is enough information to know how useful the jd power rankings areā€¦

One of the metrics is:

not enough power plugs/USB ports (4.2 PP100);

When youā€™re counting wishing there were more usb ports as 4% of your issues, youre not measuring anything valuable.

4 Likes

Which makes sense why Buickā€™s rank high, 70yr olds donā€™t need usb plugs.

6 Likes

buickā€™s still popular down here in godā€™s waiting room.

1 Like