Awful 2020 BMW M340I deal

Was curious about any potential good deals during the economic dive/lockdown so reached out to my local dealer here in Portland OR. Needless to say their offer was laughable. I called and spoke with the sole remaining salesperson who swore they cannot do more than ~5% off. The negative equity is due to my having 4 remaining lease payments and milage overage which I would just pay in cash to lower the amount but even still seems terrible. I wish there were more dealers up here in the NW to create actual competition. Might have to hunt down a broker who can assist from afar.

1 Like

This is horrendous lol. I asked for a breakdown yesterday from a local dealership in Miami and it was bad but this takes the cake. If you do some searching, there is a person called BMW David here who was marketing some good deals for leases

I guess you shouldn’t be expecting too much at the moment, guess everyone shouldn’t. If anything happens it probably will be in the late 3rd quarter

With that being said, I wouldn’t say aiming a sub $500 deal is too aggressive on a moderate build car assuming you have loyalty.

1 Like

Thank you. That is good to know. I just wanted to test the waters to see if any outstanding deals existed that would be worth jumping out of my lease early and that doesn’t seem to be the case so I will wait and bide my time.

1 Like

Despite what some people want to believe, there really isn’t a covid fire sale going on. In fact, most dealers are tightening the purse strings, not loosening.

With that said, I do think that a much better deal than this is doable, but doubt it’s going to be any better than you’ll get in a few months when you won’t have the extra pain of the extra payments.

6 Likes

I appreciate the take. I do expect things to get a bit more aggressive with a legitimate global depression looming in the future but we will see. For now stay strong dealers and hope for the best.

I wouldn’t count on it. While demand is definitely down at the moment, so is supply. Most (all?) manufacturers have ceased production for the time being. There isn’t a surplus of vehicles.

If you check some of the other threads, we’ve have extensive conversations on the matter. That’s definitely the place to go to read on up on the speculation behind there being big deals or not.

2 Likes

Looks like a Porsche 911 payments

Ah PNW isn’t a particularly good market, if it must be an M340i you’re probably best off hunting a deal in SoCal

True. But isn’t this a terrible deal no matter where the economy is at? Just a dealer throwing a crap deal to a potential buyer to see if they bite? And jump for joy if they do.

I think Bjam is correct I might just have to wait out the coronapocalypse and take a trip down to Rusnak or another large Cali dealer. I wouldn’t mind the drive/vacation currently.

Yes, but my point was more than given the state of the world right now, there probably isn’t a dealer anywhere that will do a deal good enough to justify rolling in the negative equity

2 Likes

Jeez that’s bad- ask the dealer if that is for one or two cars :grinning:

It actually feels like going in to buy an in demand Rolex model where they make you feel as if you are lucky enough to pay 10 grand for that steel watch :slight_smile: mllcb42 is probably correct in that it is best to wait it out and in any event the NW is indeed an awful place to buy a BMW.

As someone from this area, that alone is strike one, strike two, and the third pitch is already on the way…

Never seen a 911 payment below $1300/mo with taxes and fees down, and that was on a CPO car.

The PNW is a very tough market and, right now, the Portland area dealers have no motivation to be aggressive. Washington dealers are only allowed to sell right now to essential first responders that are in need of a car. They are fined for anything else.

So, many folks are going down to Portland to buy now. Even then, the market is soft and dealers are not hitting their volume numbers the way they usually might, so they’re maximizing gross.

Best bet is to sit tight unless you need a car.

That’s honestly not a bad payment if the car were an S-Class.

3 Likes

If you find any broker that would work in NW area, please let me know. I’m looking for similar car…such horrible market here…

This definitely deserves a mention in the worst leases category. Time to find another dealer. To say that you and the dealer are far apart would be an understatement.