Avoiding disposition fee and last month payment?

Hi. We have one month left to pay on our Infiniti QX60 lease and are buying a hybrid Pacifica. Is there any way to avoid the lease disposition fee or paying for the last month of our QX60 lease since we no longer need the car?

No. It’s in the lease contract. If you were to lease another Infiniti, the disposition fee is usually waived and you can probably negotiate the waiving of a payment, but they have no incentive to do that when you aren’t re-leasing from them.

1 Like

Try selling it to carvana or vroom or Carmax etc

Sure there is assuming you’re in the good on your current lease. Have the Chrysler dealer get the QX60 buyout and see if you have positive equity for a trade.

Trading is the way or just sell it to vroom or carmax

Just to add to the list others mentioned:

1.Trading to Chrysler. They can buy it out for residual and no taxes or fees, assuming it worth it. Even if it only worth residual, exactly that number, you still save on disposition.
2. Carvana
3. Algo
4. Rodo
5. VROOM

Nope. Either u sell like what other people stated or u have to pay. It is in your contract.

its 5 minutes to try and check it for yourself as [I did try everything possible] and then go pay disposition.

is qx60 aging so bad? I have positive equity on 2017 q50 sport.

1 Like

A 2018 QX60 was already aged when it left the lot.

1 Like

In other words residual set for the car was very ‘optimistic’. that should have made it a good lease, but yeah, terrible as an equity :slight_smile:

So we have a Ally Bank lease. In section 3. Disposition fee where it list the $, it says N/A. There is no other place on the lease were any amount is listed for a disposition fee. Matter of fact in other areas it refers back to section 3 for the fee owed.

One thing it does says under “At End of Lease” is “Regardless of when you buy the vehicle you must also pay any Related Official Fees and taxes”. I’m thinking the official fee phrase is where they could demand a disposition fee.

Comments welcome…

That refers to the state (DMV fees). It’s pretty clear you have no disposition fee.

Unless your lease was terrible, there is likely 0.00001% chance you can sell this without taking a bath. Your cheapest way to get out will almost guaranteed be paying the final payment and dispo fee.

The residual buyout is so high. We did consider buying it but the residual is just so high. We are under mileage too but they won’t change the residual. It’s a 2017.

I will have to look at my contract. I’m confused whether some people are saying there is no disposition in the contract.

Thanks all.

It’s rare for a captive to change the buyout price. Not surprised here. At the end of the day, however, they aren’t required to change anything. You signed the contract knowing what the buyout would be.

You will have a disposition fee unless you get another Nissan or Infiniti, where they will waive it for being loyal. You won’t have one if you sell the car, but you’ll be so far underwater, it’ll be cheaper to pay the disposition than to go this route. Ally leases used to have 0 disposition fee, but even they recently changed that. There’s no free lunch here.

To be fair, most of their cars are so archaic, they’re pretty worthless from the start :joy: