Autovin Lease Return Experience?

That’s the company MB is sending for me, any feedback on what to expect or previous experiences?

I’ve got a good 16 months or so left on my lease, but out of paranoia, I’ll be watching this thread like a hawk for any feedback lol. Do you have any blatant violations of the lease wear and tear policy according to the first class finish handbook thing?

1 Like

Cmon man…

https://forum.leasehackr.com/search?q=Autovin

3 Likes

:bag over head:

2 Likes

Sure, get it inspected at the dealership. Be prepared to pay whatever they find and want to charge though.

Which route is better? I see mixed reviews online.

What??? How is it not obvious which route is better?

3 Likes

I’ve read if you’re in there negotiating a new car, they’ll overlook everything.

I go in, pretend to be an ass in seat deal, get my inspection, think about the 2% deal, then leave.

Dealership doesn’t do the inspection. They’ll just call AutoVIN out to do it.

Would you rather know what you will be charged for and be given a chance to fix it or just get charged that amount with no recourse?

What I’m saying is go in, negotiate a new car, get the inspection, then leave with my current car… IDK, my car is clean enough, I’ll try to schmooze the Autovin guy.

Why don’t you search and read as suggested? It’s all been answered already. The inspection has no bearing on a new deal.

1 Like

I returned my MB C300 last month. I had it inspected by Autovin a month before I returned the car. They said that I needed two front tires which has to meet or exceed the original tire rating. I got a pair of used ones from ebay which saved me a ton and I made sure that I mentioned it to the dealership upon return.

2 Likes

I am beginning to think once OP gets an idea in his head, it is hard to convince him otherwise, facts be damned. Or maybe he just likes to write, reading not so much

2 Likes

Meh, I just scheduled my lease return inspection an hour ago, hit with a small bout of anxiety and paranoia. But whatever, you think and feel as you like, doesn’t bother me.

Again, there really shouldnt be too much uncertainty. Our first class finish thing outlines what qualifies as excess wear and tear. You yourself can probably do a once over to figure that out. Of course, there are some things that are hand wavy. Like, for example, it doesn’t say anything about slight scratches on the windshield. I have slight scratches on my windshield from the past winter, and am just gonna wait till inspection to see if its even a bother. If they say its a big deal, I’ll argue, but I’m guessing ultimately, would have to replace the windshield under insurance.

1 Like

Unless they are severe gouges that affect the visibility, there won’t be an issue

Not even haha. You can barely tell unless you look in direct direct sunlight, and you can barely feel it with your nails.

Guys I had auto vin come out to me two months ago. Extremely fair and thorough. I had no real damage besides some road rash on rims and scratches here and there. Nothing chargeable and it went seemless. If you have damage they will not hide it but they will not look to hammer you on things that shouldn’t be charged. Paranoia!??? Grab a freaking Xanax :thinking:

I can’t understand these lease inspection questions.

1. You are told to have it inspected before turn-in. It’s free, so why wouldn’t you? It allows you to get it fixed or pay, which ever is cheaper.

2. All of the excessive wear/tear is outlined for you. There really should be no surprises as to what is excessive outside of what it is going to cost you.

3. Why do people complain when they return the car and get hammered with a bill? You agreed to a contract that stipulates you should return the car in Good condition. Your fault for not looking at step 1+2 above.

4. Why do people get a sense of entitlement that the damage should just be waived because you stayed loyal? See step 3 above.

It’s common sense. I don’t understand why it’s made into a big deal. It’s really not.

5 Likes

I recently returned my Dodge Durango to dealer. It was leased through USBank. I read through horror stories in this forum so I was really scared what they were going to charge me because I beat the shit out of this truck.

Fortunately for me, the opposite occurred. First, USbank extended my lease 3 extra months since I was still trying to find a good lease deal. This helped me further as I was way over mileage. They even extend a couple of weeks at the end to allow for inspection and return.

I cleaned up the car as best I could but still had many small scratches and a few dings. 1 of my tires was replaced a year ago because of hitting edge of storm drain. Left a bad dent on the wheel. All other tires are on edge of wear. Autovin inspection came and gave report of only $850 damage. Usbank has not charged me except for the disposition fee

Maybe I was lucky.

1 Like