Auto Ninjas (Formally Auto Lease Ninjas) Review Page. We Buy Cars & Lease Returns - North East, FL, SoCal

@AutoNinjas Had great experience with selling my BMW 430i. Got all the support needed from the initial point of contact.

1 Like

Just used Auto Ninjas through Equityhackr. The quote I was provided was fair (in line with other quotes) and the transaction (managed by Alberto) was very smooth and efficient. The equity check arrived within a few days via FedEx and my lease account showed as paid off within a few days as well. All in all I am very pleased with Equityhackr and Auto Ninjas and I would 100% use them again (and plan to do so).

Thank you Alberto and Auto Ninjas!

1 Like

Recently picked up my new car after completing the lease deal though Auto Ninjas. The process was a bit slow, but was still easier than working with dealers directly. My patience was rewarded because even with the broker fee, it was still a better deal than I could get myself, and the car color/configuration was a better match than I could find locally.

Once I was handed off to the dealer things went quickly, and there was no nonsense, just exactly the deal I was promised. The dealer was a few hours away, but that’s understandable given how hard it can be to find a good deal in the NY metro area. You just have to make sure you factor in a road trip or delivery costs.

My only regret is not using them for my second car, because they didn’t have an exact match in stock.

1 Like

Had a good experience working with Nathan from Auto Ninjas recently. Had a 2021 Genesis G70 lease that I wanted to swap for something a little bigger this time. From the start, Nathan was able to verify I had some positive equity in my current lease, and then found me a 2023 Audi Q5 that was a perfect match with what I was looking for - and got me a really good deal for it. A few weeks after picking up the Q5, AN sent a transport company to pick up my Genesis, and a few days later received a Fedex tracking number to track my check being delivered to me from Alberto (AN acquisition manager).

While I had an overall smooth experience, way less stress than visiting a dealership, and a way better deal than I would’ve gotten on my own (both on the G70 and Q5), some constructive criticisms:

• When I first spoke with Nathan, he said Audi’s come from their partner dealer in New Jersey, and delivery is available for a fee. When I was contacted by the dealer, they said the car had arrived at their lot but they could not do delivery because they needed me to sign in person due to some NJ state law. Whether or not this was true, I’m not sure - but I suspect they just wanted to get me in person to try and sell me accessory packages. This is probably more on the dealer than AN, and maybe I should’ve pressed this a little more, but it was definitely an inconvenience and could’ve caused the deal to fall through if I couldn’t find an Uber to drive me 75 miles.
  • Communication was a little slow during the scariest part - after a tow company had picked up my Genesis G70 lease. In the end my lease account was paid in full and I received my equity check delivered, but maybe some quicker communication will make people feel more comfortable with the process.

Overall, like I said, generally good experience. And now that I’m more familiar with the process, I’d 100% use the Auto Ninjas again in the future. Nathan, Alberto, if you read this, thanks for all your help!

• Mike

Thank you Mike! We appreciate your business and this additional feedback, while every experience may not be perfect, we take the feedback to heart and reflect on it with our team to continue to improve. We look forward to working with you again on the next one, and hopefully many more after! Congratulations on the new Q5!

-Matt

1 Like

Big thank you to Matt and the team for getting us our new Wagoneer. It took Jeep a while to ship, but once it got here, it was delivered within a day easy breezy. The dealer didn’t play any games, and we couldn’t be happier. Plus the price we got through Auto Ninjas is simply unbeatable.

Thanks again!
Y

1 Like

Completed my second transaction with Auto Ninjas this past Friday and we’re very happy with the deal and experience. Thanks to Jaime for keeping me in the loop and up to date on the process. If you’re looking to make car leasing hassle free, reach out to Auto Ninjas.

1 Like

Wanted to follow-up on your experience with Alberto and the team at Auto Ninjas. Fast and efficient service with great communication. My car was picked up, equity check received and notice from GM that account was paid/close all within about a week! Would definitely recommend them ! Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you so much Joe!

Let us know when you are ready to sell the next one!

-Matt

Just closed out my first deal with Auto Ninjas last week. The process was smooth and dealing with Matt and Nathan was great. I can honestly say I will never step foot into a dealership again unless it is just to pick up the car. The time and money I saved by working with Auto Ninjas is invaluable. Highly recommend! Thank you guys!

1 Like

Hi everybody

Recently, I tried to sell my daily car with Equityhackr/Autoleaseninjas. Given that GM Financial bars third party lease payoffs, I figured Equityhackr would be the perfect option to get out of it.

With that in mind, I entered all of my vehicle’s info into the site. It’s a 2024 Chevy Trax 2RS with about 1,800 miles on it. A few days later, they emailed me with an offer of $24,500. I decided to move forward and accept it. I was then contacted by a gentleman who was pretty nice, and requested my driver’s license, registration, pictures all around the car, etc. All the standard stuff. I happily obliged.

I provided and signed everything they asked me to. After that, I was told I would receive a purchase agreement. It came a few days later, but when it did, I was ready to sign. I opened it up to see that the agreed purchase price would be about $500 less than we originally discussed.

I checked every single document and conversation we had prior to this. Every single time a purchase price was mentioned, the number was $24,500.

Fortunately, $500 won’t change my life and I am very grateful for that. I then received an email from someone named Alberto stating that there are fees associated with terminating my lease that has caused them to “revise their offer”. I emailed them back saying that’s not a great way of going about business, and that nobody should be informed of a last minute amendment on the contract itself. I also mentioned that I had delivered on every single part of the agreement that I was obligated to.

I was then emailed back by another person named Matthew. Matthew wrote a long email that started out nice, but quickly turned condescending. Out of respect for privacy and confidentiality in conversations, I won’t post it. However, throughout this email, Matthew essentially said that the value of the car was not brought down due to any fees, but because market information was limited on a 2024 model.

In addition to this, he said it’s hard to put a number on a car without seeing it in person.

1. They don’t have anywhere to bring the vehicle in for an appraisal.
  2. That would hold water if the difference in value was due to anything related to the vehicle’s condition (ex: tire wear, scratches, stains)
  3. They can check market value on the car without seeing it in person.
    Then, he said that he should be paying around $23,000, but he is giving me $24,000 to avoid putting me in a negative equity situation. He phrased it in a way that sounded like he was doing me a favor by not lowering his offer even more after lowering it the first time.

Maybe I am crazy, but I think that’s an unethical way of doing business. I won’t be selling my vehicle to them. At this point, I’d just rather keep it as a run around car in case anyone in my family needs something to get around with.

Has anyone else had a similar experience, or is this a one off?

4 Likes

I just wanted to give a shout out of thanks to Jaimie and Matt. I have leased two CX-5’s in the past month from AutoNinja’s and would use them again without hesitation. I will say that inventory is very thin at the moment and patience is your best friend. The upside is a great deal with no BS games that you find on the dealer floor like haggling over nonsense markups like Vin Etching, bumping the money factor up, etc… My advice is if you can hang in there a bit you will be rewarded with a transparent stress free deal.

3 Likes

I just wanted to give a HUGE shoutout to the Auto Ninjas team especially to Jaime who really had to hold my hand throughout the entire process as it was my first time obtaining a vehicle entirely online.

The level of customer service and patience shown has to be unparalleled in this day and age.

She sourced the exact ‘23 CX-30 Turbo Premium I sought, and was transparent from day one. It was delivered to me by Greg, and he spoke highly of Jaime as well. There were a couple of mechanical issues but nothing they could have foreseen and nothing a few hours at my local authorized dealership couldn’t fix.

Thank you to the squad, and I will recommend and refer you to as many interested parties as possible.

2 Likes

We appreciate your honest feedback on this and as shared in my email response, we are taking this feedback as training to avoid similar situations in the future. I do also apologize if my email came across as condescending as that was not the intent, I am not typically involved first hand with the majority of Equityhackr clients as Alberto manages that program, however as this circumstance that we ran into with you is largely uncommon, it was escalated to me and I felt it necessary to respond transparently. While this can, and clearly has been, misconstrued as condescending and potentially a negotiation tactic, the intent was rooted in respect for our clients and me feeling it was better to have a response from ownership that elaborated on the situation, and transparently at that.

To further elaborate, I do believe some of my tone being “condescending” may have been more due to the fact that you had shared with me that you are/were in the car business yourself so I felt it was fair to level with you from common ground and while I again intended that to be more of transparency than anything, I can also completely understand your perspective on feeling I was being disingenuous due to this. This is why I shared that all of these offers are essentially sight unseen appraisals, not an uncommon scenario in a dealership, and that there is always a door for the buyer (us) to have an opportunity to review and confirm the details of the offer and purchase before finalizing anything. I also shared this was a door we do our best to avoid using and that this offer should not have been provided in the first place by my team and rejected instead (to further explain, as the partner to Equityhackr we have two options to respond to a lead, 1) sending an offer or 2) rejecting an offer which we can add a message requesting more information from the seller to respond with). This would have allowed us more time to sit and better analyze your specific vehicle and come up with a more accurate and confident offer, something we typically practice regularly on very new cars with very little information on them.

This also comes to the core of the issue regarding the vehicle, not that your vehicle is in any way inherently a bad or undesirable vehicle, but simply is very new, a new model year without a previous model year/design to compare against and so new that our appraisal tools were unable to decode the VIN. When you submit a vehicle on Equityhackr, while we did our best to help co-design it to be a best fit form for a wide range of vehicles and clients, it is still a general form that other than decoding the VIN to display the Year, Make and Model doesn’t dynamically change in any way. This means that there’s no way to collect specific package data, original MSRP data, etc from the submission itself. Yes there are generic options listed for anyone to select, but this is why we get people submitting Miatas with Panoramic Sunroofs and Rear Entertainment Systems (yes this really happens, more often than you’d believe).

At the end of the day, my appraisal team received a lead with your vehicle, our tools were unable to decode the information on it and give them the information needed to provide you with an accurate offer - it should not have went out. When we received the photos of your actual vehicle for review it was the first time we had actual, tangible visuals on the vehicle we were buying. Upon that review, not because of condition, but because of build equipment and being able to source the original window sticker during that review to confirm original MSRP and precise build options. This is where we landed, respectfully it was determined your vehicle should have been appraised at $23,000, something in hindsight that should not have been disclosed. However, the reason I did share this was to express that we weren’t just trying to change the offer out of desire for negotiation, if we did we would have just told you it was going to $23,000. Instead we reviewed it as a team before providing a final offer, considered that your payoff was $24,100 I made the decision that we not go lower than your payoff as to not put you in a position to not be able to exit your lease. Being that it is an extremely new vehicle, the most common scenario we see today with similar situations is the client is ultimately looking to get out of the vehicle altogether without penalty, so we made this decision in light of that experience.

I understand this is another novel, I do have a bad habit of writing long responses, but I also feel some of the mechanics of these deals get complicated and have a lot of perspectives to consider so instead of providing a half-baked response, I prefer to be more thorough and transparent in the thoughts behind our actions and decision making. We are not perfect, and as I shared I do genuinely take this as a learning experience to further improve this program. I also apologize if any of this being such a long response also comes off as condescending, it really is not my intent. I am confident in our business ethics and while I understand when you personally experience an issue like this, it often hints to there being a lot of similar experiences out there, we appraise thousands of cars per month on Equityhackr, we are bound to make mistakes and I can’t say this situation has never happened before, but the frequency is a rarity and we are always trying to improve to make it an increasingly rare circumstance. I would confidently state that the very large majority of customers who have worked and conversed with us directly are not left questioning our ethics, rather, most appear to value our ethics even if circumstances don’t yield positive results. Thank you again for the opportunity, and while negative feedback isn’t exciting to share publicly, I respect and appreciate your honest and fair feedback you’ve shared here.

-Matt

5 Likes

Who can I contact regarding a car I sold.
I helped my grandfather sell a car a year ago in New York to you guys.
On the phone I asked the representative I was working with if I can leave the license plates on the car and if they’ll turn it in and I was told that yes.
Meanwhile my grandfather just called me that he just realized his insurance was charging him every month claiming that he never turned in the plates or something.
They said if we can get proof of the sale and plates turned in he can get the charges removed. (It’s a year of paying for insurance on a car that was sold already).
I called the phone number in the emails correspondence from a year ago and left a message but no one called back.
How can I reach someone to figure out how to fix it.

Please email matt@autoleaseninjas.com and cc thomas@autoleaseninjas.com so we can look into it

Thank you for your quick response. I will do that now!

I’ve been working with @autoninjas for a week. They got me a great deal on a Mazda 3 turbo here in NY.

My only con is the communication is lacking which would be much much quicker if it was done over the phone rather than email or text.

Another discrepancy my DAS was to include first month payment. I set up my lease and my first month payment was not included. The car was delivered to me on the 6th of Oct but it says the 2nd of Oct for payment.

I am sure all of this is dealer issues rather than autoninjas but again, it’s a bit annoying on my end. I can’t wait to not deal with this lol and just drive the car without anymore thought of dealers or discrepancies.

I’ll report back to let everyone know how this was all handled.

Edit: handled this was a mazda financial issue

Outside calling to solve things @AutoNinjas was fantastic highly recommend

2 Likes

Thank you Jed for your help with getting a Volvo XC 90. The process was easy and no hidden fees. I’m in central NJ and dealers were quoting around $800-$900 for a monthly lease payment. Auto ninjas got me a payment in the low 600s with less money out of pocket.

2 Likes

2023 MB EQB 300

1st time using AN but 10th lease through the LH community / forum. Also first time a dealership was conveniently close to CT within 35-45 mins (Not NH/MA/MD/VA)

Last month sent out an inquiry when they posted MB EQB 300 deal and within hours got an email and call from Jed. We traded emails up until almost mid night. Got the ball rolling and dealership contacted me a day or two afterwards. In and out of the dealership in 20 mins. Fantastic service and experience.

2 Likes