Auto Manufacturers that include GAP insurance

Does Hyundai include Gap cover? I would imagine it does since its covered for Kia and they are essentially the same parent company

Does BMW still include GAP with their leases? Iā€™ve been reading various websites and it seems that they used to, but now it almost looks like its a standalone product and not automatically included in leasesā€¦

Hyundai should include gap insurance, at least it was when I leased a Hyundai ~5 years ago.

To add to the list, infiniti also includes gap insurance.

Looking into a Subaru Lease and wanted to see whether GAP was included or not and Iā€™m putting the info below to help other hackrs track down this info in one spot.

Looks like Subaru Motors Finance goes through Chase. I found the Lease Customer Guide here:

https://www.chase.com/content/dam/chasecom/en/business-banking/documents/Subaru_Lease_Guide.pdf

Page 5 of this document reads:

"Total Loss and GAP

In the event there is a total loss, destruction or theft of the vehicle, we will waive your liability for any GAP amount, provided you are in compliance with your insurance requirements. This GAP Amount Waiver is included in your lease at no additional cost.

The GAP amount is how much is due after subtracting the vehicleā€™s actual cash value (paid by the insurance
company) from the Adjusted Lease Balance* on your lease as of the date of the loss. There are certain
conditions that must be met before you are released from any additional liabilities:

ā€¢ We must receive the insurance proceeds for the vehicleā€™s full actual cash value at the time of loss.

ā€¢ You must pay any required deductible to Chase or the insurance company (as specified in your
insurance policy).

ā€¢ You must fulfill all your other obligations in your lease agreement.

*Please see your lease agreement for a full explanation of how we calculate the Adjusted Lease Balance."

1 Like

Just use it as a negotiation point, if you even want one. Every time I rent a Camry Iā€™m thoroughly disappointed, literally the most generic transportation module out there.

Lexus includes GAP. Toyota, does not.

Anyone know about Infiniti?

IFS includes GAP in all their leases.

2 Likes