Austin, TX (things to do)?

I guess you haven’t been reading the local news rags. A few years ago (and even as late as last year), it was the ‘it’ place to move to. Today, transplants and some locals are looking for a way out. Your ‘bright side’ won’t be so bright, as it is what transplants, and locals, sought. My takeaway is defiance is a two-way street, and magnified in Austin. Like many similar ‘weird’ places, fun to visit and experience, but Disneyland isn’t home, and if it is, it isn’t what it used to be.

2 Likes

This. Veracruz has these really good breakfast tacos I remember. It’s something Austin is known for I guess. That and homeless people just like SF and LA and Portland and NYC.

2 Likes

thanks for the tag!

This is really all one needs to look at to determine the political leanings of Austin

1 Like

A certain public figure in CA, themselves polling at 6% approval (lower than Congress), should consider Mayor of Austin if they want to focus on clearing the private airports of homeless, lest all the CA billionaires follow Tim Ferris there.

Did this Austin trip happen yet? I am waiting for a full report on street tacos and humidity-sweat.

Breakfast Burritos :burrito: are fire :fire:! :smiling_face:

Happy Memorial Day weekend to all you LHers!

3 Likes

stay in doors and not get caught with your girlfriend. LOL serious though

Looks like severe acid reflux to me, but I’m sure it went down real good! Trip report!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.