Audi sent a wrong bill for traded-in lease

Hi,
I traded-in my 2021 E-tron lease for 2024 E-tron lease. For excess wear and extra mileage, I was asked to just pay $500 extra in the initial payment and walk away from the old car.

Then, last week, I got a bill from Audi Financial saying I need to pay ~$2700 for mileage, damage, and last installment.

Fortunately, I had the initial conversation in the email and the dealership is saying they will take care of it, but it has not been really resolved for a week.

Today, I was finally able to get a hold of GM aft (been talking to sales rep mostly last 8 days because GM never responded to my email and never picked up his phone, although he’s the one I initial had the email exchange with during the purchase!) He said I will be getting a check from Audi Financial for ~$1100 and they will remove some items from the bill to match that. So he’s saying just pay the bill and cash the check.

The problem is I didn’t receive the check. The bill is adjusted to ~$1600 and it’s due 18th, Sunday. I doubt they will be able to resolve it tomorrow.

It’s extremely frustrating as the dealership is so hard to reach. If I reach someone, the person always says they will take care of it without any result. And I am trying to buy a house right now. Worried about my credit if I don’t pay the bill.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? What should I do? If I don’t pay the bill and wait for dealership to take care of it, bill will definitely become overdue. Will get a ding on my credit score?

Thanks in advance. :pray:

Sounds like you were under the impression that the dealer was buying out your car, but they ended up grounding it. What does your paperwork say?

If you care about your credit score in the immediate future, you probably should pay the bill and hope the dealership eventually rectifies the issue and you get your money back. Good luck.

3 Likes
  1. Document everything
  2. Go down to the dealership

If you can make it to the dealership, that will likely be your best course of action. They will take care of it quicker in person because they want you out of there instead of causing trouble.

If they don’t do anything, post a scathing review with proof on social media/Google and that’ll get their attention.

3 Likes

This and also, if you have email proof from dealership about initial agreement on grounding or selling of the older car to dealership, reach out ait AFS Corporated and provide them the proof.

1 Like

This almost sounds like a case where the dealer initially planned to buy the vehicle instead of ground it. Maybe the dealer decided there was not enough profit in a used car that needed $2700 in repairs or too high a mileage, so they just turned it back to AFS. Glad to hear it sounds like they will make you whole.

Nuke the surveyyyyy

2 Likes

Why do you give this advice on numerous threads when all you do is talk about how important the survey is? I know you are bring sarcastic (I think) but new users may not who don’t read every thread.

Because it is THAT important. If a dealer does some bs like this one does. NUKE IT FROM ORBIT!

That is going to rattle some cages

1 Like

Check your new contract and check all of your communications with the dealer. Make sure the lease wasn’t “grounded.” There is a big difference between “trading in” a leased vehicle and “grounding” a leased vehicle. The terminology is very important here.

I only have a paperwork for the new car. I remember signing a doc regarding a trade in because they double checked the mileage.
Thank you

Thanks. I was planning on visiting the dealership and just sit inside the GM’s office until this things is resolved. Then, sales guy is saying GM is out today for funeral…
I will be posting reviews now. :frowning:

I reached out to AFS. They keep saying dealership selected a wrong option (if what I am saying is true) and it’s the dealership that needs to fix it from their end.
And the dealership is saying there was a mix-up with Audi and it’s not that easy to resolve.
I am not sure whom to believe.

The negative google review will wake them up.

1 Like

I suspect that’s what happened. They are saying they will make me whole, but… it’s not happening…

Just had some heated phone call with sales rep, sales manager, and GM in that sequence.
They are sending me a check for the bill today. I asked them to write me an email saying that they will do that and I received it.
I am glad that they are standing behind what they promised, but the process was just really bad…

Thanks everyone for the help

2 Likes

because rating and negative reviews really ruffles feather - it matters period

Thats great news. Unfortunately sometimes, thats just how things work with some businesses. You should still report this to Audi Fin.

1 Like

The paperwork for the new car should have information about your trade-in. If it doesn’t, then it wasn’t a trade-in.

Correct, there is a line somewhere in that sales document that says “trade-in” or “trade-in value”

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.