Audi R8 Lease hackable? A lot of leftover 23's

Audi has been phoning it in on their performance cars for years.

Audis been doing this for years. I don’t think they’ve released a new RS or R8 model since 2017 which has improved on the performance of the predecessor. In fact the R8 gen 2 facelift regressed. No interior updates and just minor cosmetic tweaks. Pathetic

4 Likes

@derekoh1991 You gonna let this guy bash Audi like this?

Bland brand, bland cars

@HersheySweet if there is one person that will…

Someone at my office has a red R8 GT. It’s not so bland. Although Audi only made like 150 of them. Lame.

Maybe @kiasorento1976 works at my office and is leasing that R8 GT.

1 Like

I ordered an R8 with the “last allocation” from my Audi dealer. By the time it arrived, they had 20+ R8s in stock…though several of them were supposedly sold. I decided to keep my NSX thinking it would hold its value better than the R8.

Fact check. Quattro is still available.

I have two cars right now and a third incoming while living in downtown Manhattan. I am GOOD

2 Likes

Do it for your brother from another mother. SPOONFEED MEEE

Plot twist… you live out of your cars.

2 Likes

Well, he ain’t wrong about that line up

1 Like

Good call on the NSX, I could not find any quattro models mostly 2wd. That current special edition is 2wd as well.

the quattro coupes all are selling immediately. definitely can get some discounts on 2wd if that’s what you’d prefer, but the resale value is markedly worse on those down the line

1 Like

Before I ordered the R8, I did a fair amount of research into expected depreciation. I actually think the RWD will hold its value better, partly because it’s $50k less than the Quattro. And there will be fewer R8 RWDs vs Quattro when you compare the lifetime production run of the R8 or even just the 2nd gen production run. Several auto journalists also preferred the RWD because it is lighter than the Quattro…idk if I’d agree with that but IMO, the RWD is the better buy based on expected depreciation.

Either version would be a blast to drive with the V10 and Sport Exhaust.

Interesting. Could definitely see the RWDs holding strong long term.

Yeah the guy with the GT was saying how every time he takes his R8 in, the dealership keeps offering to buy back the R8 GT for a bit more than original MSRP. Effectively giving him back cash for the actual depreciation he paid on his GT lease (still has a rent charge though).

I guess these things are selling for about $300k used.

Here’s a random pic of the car.

6 Likes

The cheapest I saw for one new was 30K over sticker. this gen R8 GT is basically a parts bin special though. almost everything about it you can get from audi performance parts. nothing like the last gen one

Bro has a :potato: phone smh

1 Like

Meh. My phone is made by Tesla. So it sucks and underperforms.

sexy red … two girls in the passenger seat leaving The Box at 2:50am

3 Likes

I thought you liked blondes?

2 Likes