Audi Q5 e premium plus

Hello everyone,
I am new to this all and would appreciate some input. I’m being told by this dealer that this is an amazing deal for an Audi Q5 e premium plus.
Am I being ripped off or is this deal a good one? I feel like my down is quite high.
Thank you so much! :slight_smile:
Serge

Search the marketplace to compare. You are at 4.8% off MSRP. @AutoNinjas has some at 8.5% off on premium, 9.25% off on premium plus. Consider MSDs instead of cap cost reduction to bring payment down, they are refundable at end of lease.

1 Like

Hi Serge,

Your dealer discount is 4.8%. Don’t know if that’s good or bad without researching selling prices. However, 4.8% seems weak to me and may be compromised. See below.

There is a lack of transparency. The money factor and residual are not disclosed. As such, I am unable to confirm the payment. Nowhere do I see the acquisition fee but suspect it may be buried in the sell price. If so, that is clearly inappropriate resulting in a dealer discount that is less than 4.8%. Also, some of the calculations are way off. For example, YOUR SALES TAX RATE IS 10.25% AND YOUR CAP REDUCTION IS 4018.99 (left column). This means your cap reduction sales tax should be 10.25% x 4018.99 = 411.95 and not 1434.90. The sell price is 64656.49 and is treated as the gross cap because a cap reduction of 13018.99 is deducted from it to arrive at the adjusted cap of 51637.50. Yet, the first column shows a cap reduction of 4018.99. Doesn’t make a bit of sense.

Yup! The 7887.40 can be reduced considerably and even to zero by redistributing the 9000 rebate. I won’t do that now because some of the fees are questionable.

The dealer worksheet is pure garbage and begs for much more detail. Yeah, it’s an amazing deal alright… for the dealer!

I would create a target deal and then, construct a flawless professional-looking lease proposal like the one below. Next, email it to a dealer.

Never negotiate inside of a dealership. All negotiations should be done via email/phone. Once an agreement is reached, ask the dealer to send you the completed lease contract for your review to ensure that there are no mistakes.

Hope this helps.

Is this the same dealership as @DonnyAudi?

Thank you! Autoninja I’ve reached out to you directly!

I don’t know who that is?

Thanks for taking the time to write all of this. Would you be able to help me put a counter proposal back to Audi? What would be that process. I just hate dealing with them because they are telling me they are giving me an amazing deal and it’s the best they can do but clearly it isn’t :confused:

Before you spend more time on this, what makes you conclude this is a good candidate for all this effort?

Are the RV, MF and incentives favorable?

I don’t see this deal in my system.

@sergessc

If you’re looking to move forward on a Q5e feel free to PM or text/call me.
619-363-3676

Sure. But you would need to do all the research (sell price before incentives/rebates, money factor buy rate if you qualify, doc fee, acquisition fee, optimal term, all incentives/rebates for which you qualify, title, license, reg. fees, sales tax rate, state. All fees must be very specific. Merely stating service fee is unacceptable. Don’t know what that is. I would check marketplace and maybe touch base with a broker. Don’t know if these cars lease well or not.

I test drove a lot of cars and have liked this one the most. What do you mean by good candidate? Apologies also, kind of new to all of this. What is RV, MF and incentives favorable?

Do you work in Los Angeles or service LA? Do you think you could provide a better deal than stated above?

I’m not savvy in all of this. What questions should I ask back to this salesman to bring and bring him down in cost? Is there a service where someone negotiates this deal for me and I pay them a fee or something?

Yes, a broker. Search LH for one.

Ask them for a detailed lease worksheet similar to the one that they send to the fund provider along with the lease agreement. It should look similar to this…

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a dealership give out this level of information during a negotiation. This level of detail needs to be on the the ARB/contract agreement to close a sale, but it takes way too much time to produce. Sales needs that generic order/desk sheet. They’ll only have someone take the time to fill in this level of detail later.

I feel like the normal sales and F&I folks would rather tell a customer to GTFO. They need the simple sheet to maintain control over the negotiation and to make dealer offers quickly.

But as we’ve seen that simple sensitivity sheet is rife with holes and missing key information that make it tough for a non-LH-expert-hackr to really navigate with much success. So I agree the buyer would benefit from all this data. I just don’t think it’s realistic to expect it.

A home purchase has a generic requirement to put an offer in a Residential Purchase Agreement (RPA) after the buyer has received disclosures from the seller. Maybe what you are getting at is that the sellers should be more willing to produce full disclosures before expecting buyers to make informed decisions about an offer. Unfortunately the auto industry has fought long and hard to prevent this.

2 Likes

WOW! That is a terrific and thoughtful post and gives a clear picture of reality! I routinely ask dealers for the dealer’s worksheet and, although it’s not exactly the one they would send to a fund provider, it does contain most of the useful information. The missing info I can get from LH, Edmunds, TrueCar, DVM, etc. So, by the time I’ve collected all relevant data, I’m ready to put my lease proposal together. Most of the time it is spot-on. If there is an error, it is usually the license fee which is often an estimate. For this reason, I always pay title/reg./license fees at lease inception rather than cap them.

@sergessc We would love to help, but don’t currently service Audi in CA at this time. If you have a deal you are looking for and cannot find a broker on the forums to help you out locally, we would be happy to help you hunt out a deal but @DonnyAudi sounds like he should be able to assist you with this well.

I think you are missing that rebates get taxed as well like this, so it would be a taxable amount of $13,018.99 which… still doesn’t come up right lol, but close!

Yeah, the reality is most consumers are not Leasehackr level of savvy, I’ve been on the dealer side for years, have penciled and sold many a car, 99% of people wouldn’t know what to do with the info if it was actually presented - honestly this might actually help dealers close more people earlier if they make it look properly legit (eyeing you dealers that use markers on computer paper to quote - yes this is a thing).

BY THE WAY - If anyone wants to shop leases, I highly recommend you check out our free Lease Calculator, its linked up with realtime manufacturer programs that update daily. If you want to keep your dealer honest while comparing quotes, you can plug the car in, your zip, dealer zip, MSRP, sale price, dealer fees, term, miles, DAS and it will automatically give you what the lease SHOULD be. If the dealers numbers are a match or very close, then you know they are being straight up with buy rate and no funny business, if there is a discrepancy then they are likely hiding money somewhere you aren’t seeing.

-Matt

3 Likes

BTW here is your calc to your deal, lined up based on your provided details and assuming LA county tax.

-Matt

2 Likes

@DonnyAudi works at an Audi dealership in Carlsbad. Given that you marked your location as Southern California, an internet search indicates that Hoehn is an Audi dealership in Carlsbad. I assume there is only one Audi dealership in that city.

If you aren’t familiar with the basics of leasing, then please take the time to review the articles and video on this website.

Or, if you don’t have the time or inclination to do so and/or are in a rush to get a car, reach out to a broker who works with Audi dealerships in California. Or just work w/ donnyaudi since he’s already at the dealership where you’ve initiated contact and is well-reviewed on this website.

2 Likes

Nope. I’m reading exactly what it says so I’m not missing anything…

Perhaps they need to brush up on their written communication skills. Typical.