Audi Q3 - $637 - $1,000 down

You’re never going to get a good deal by going into a dealer and asking them how much they want you to pay. The numbers they’re throwing out to you are irrelevant.

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s an under warranty BMW and while maybe the occasional BMW is in the shop while in its initial 36 month period, it isn’t that common. Was this a FB comment you read somewhere?

Have you reached out to @Samaudibh ?

1 Like

You know what probably spends about as much time on average in the shop as a new bmw? A new audi.

7 Likes

it started at over $700

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

BMWs become troublesome out of warranty. You are always in warranty on a lease

Mercedes-Benz salaries at their Vance, Alabama plant are well above the state average and are regarded as great blue-collar jobs in the area. The Q3 is produced in Hungary… not much better than Mexico.

Does a USB port really make that much of a difference considering you plug it in once to charge your phone / connect it to CarPlay?

Can’t argue with this Infiniti is garbage

4 Likes

Just for comparison:

3 Likes

I went to Mazda and Hyundai dealerships and they basically said that because there is a shortage of chips the cars and difficult to find and they won’t be lowering the price.

Next day the Mazda manager called me and does how he can want my business. I told him exactly what the salesman said and he said nonsense it doesn’t mean we can’t sell a car.

Anyhow, for the same car that they claimed has a shortage of chips at 10% MSRP, base rate and dealer threw in Loyalty even though I didn’t qualified (I didn’t ask for this).

So, do you have a question, OP?? I’m not seeing it through the forest.

4 Likes

Most cars do not lease well. This is truer now than it has ever been.

So unless you are willing to push this boulder uphill, you need to look at other makes/models that lease better and offer more value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to see what’s leasing well and narrow down your search.

2 Likes

Please read the topic headline and get up to speed with reality.

Like I explained to your friend, economics have changed. Please get up to speed.

You’re clearly smarter than the collective forum.

10 Likes

Ya, you went to a dealer that doesn’t want to play ball and asked them how much they wanted you to pay. They gave you a shit offer and rather than take the guidance of people without a vested interest in taking your money in how to be successful, you’re believing what they said.

You’ve been given the tools to be successful, you’ve been linked local sources to you that can blow this deal away, and you’re still fighting back against people trying to help you.

Step back and listen or go light your money fire. You do you.

3 Likes

Drop MSRP ? Really ?

2 Likes

Audi’s are no more reliable than BMW’s snd the lowly Q3 is nothing special, it’s cheap basic transportation whose quality isn’t any better than its competitors. With such an attitude you should pay the 637 since to you the Q3 is the superior auto.

1 Like

I’m starting to think this is a joke topic. Something a regular poster is doing to have a good laugh.

2 Likes

I have leased 5 Audis since 2005 and none was ever in the shop. Trolls

Good luck with your search. Now brokers are going to avoid you like the plague. Folks are really trying to help you, especially long standing LHers. But oh well, GLWT

2 Likes