Audi E-tron Perks (YMMV)

Only until today did I learn of all the perks of being an etron owner/lessee.

1. Arcadia: benefit of 10 solar panels over 10 years. Average 80 kwh a month. YMMV. Eligible utility providers and first 3000 owners/lessees of 2019 models. I have pg&e and leased in July 2020, and I was eligible.
    https://media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/387

2. Silvercar by Audi 7 day rental
    https://www.silvercar.com/always-audi

3. Electrify America 1000 kwh (~2000 miles) of charging
    https://www.electrifyamerica.com/audi/

Please let us know if there are other perks I missed.

Pretty amazing value considering the hacks of late. Enjoy!

5 Likes

“Audi’s solar program allows drivers to subscribe to remote solar panels located throughout the U.S. at no additional cost.“

Lol…I thought they pay for 10 panels to install on your house…80kwh/month is a “tank” fill…so about 250 miles.

No way they’d pay for install of 10 solar panels.

I’ll gratefully take 250 miles a month for 10 years…

30,000 miles is pretty significant. Does it matter if you don’t keep an ev in the household after the lease is over?

nice perks… didnt know about arcadia. Surprised though. i got etron on august 20th - have not received even 1 welcome letter from audi or any emails yet.

Call Audi and Arcadia. I had to request all the perks from them, but once I contacted them, I got them without much hassle.

1 Like

thanks - did u call the regular customer support line ? can u help with the number.

Don’t have the Audi number handy, but go to the MyAudi.com site and you’ll find it there. With Arcadia, I emailed their customer service department.

awesome thank you

As a note of reference, I ported my pg&e account to Arcadia on Tuesday and received confirmation the next day that my 10 solar panels were online and being counted towards my usage. I was then instructed to pay off any pg&e balance in full and cancel autopay, which I did.

Cool perk is that Arcadia allows for recurring payment with credit card and pg&e does not. Essentially Arcadia pays off my pg&e bill every month and I pay Arcadia.

If everything goes as planned I’d rate this as one of the best perks of etron ownership, with minimal effort.

And yes, your 10 year benefit is regardless if you still own your etron or not.

1 Like

Anyone know if there are any downsides to this? Does this interfere with ability to get tax credits on adding actual solar panels to a home? We currently have 9, but have room for a few more since they are higher efficiency now and looks like some nice incentives to get a power wall too.

Not sure about tax credit implications, but We also signed for Arcadia at the 50% renewable use level, which does not increase our current electric rate, and customers can cancel at any time without any cost. We also signed up for the 10 free solar panels, so we will be getting a $10 monthly credit for the next 10 years.

So for us at least, there was no real downside involved and it’s good to know that 50% of our electric energy use is being compensated with clean energy generation.

1 Like

I tried contact both Audi and Arcadia this week and showed them the Audinews media link. They seemed aware of the program, but didn’t really know much else. They said that they would have to do some research and get back to me to see if I qualified as 1 of the 3000 customers.

Hi @calbear , i created a arcadia account, went to support and sent them a message on the audi offer. they replied back very fast asking which dealership i got audi from and they will confirm with the dealership. within a day , they got back to me saying. it is confirmed and the offer has been applied to my account. was super fast and easy… maybe try that ??

1 Like

had no idea about the Arcadia thing, and I do have an invite e-mail from back in February. Unfortunately, since I have solar panels on my house Arcadia will not integrate with SDG&E, so I cannot use this benefit.