Audi Care and other options

Almost nothing else is going to be worth it.

Probably the usual stuff you could never ever live without . . . nitro fill, fabric protection, etc. :laughing:

I doubt I’ll have time to figure out the costs as I’m sitting there and want to make sure I don’t miss anything. Figured it’s easier to look this up now.

That’s what I figured as well but never considered Audi Care either until I read up on it.

Why would you wait until you were sitting there?

Because I’m not sure what else they might offer me. Therefore I made this post in the first place :slight_smile:

I turned everything down except Audicare. They did not even offer Audicare - I had to ask for it.

Sounds like what I’ll be doing as well. And I also was the one to inquire about Audi Care. Although maybe they would have brought it up at signing.

Thanks for the advice.

What you were probably looking for was

2 Likes

@Firejr33

I’m not sure why half the people here believe that “everything” is a sham. Half of the audi products are actually extremely worth depending on how you drive and the vehicle you are purchasing. Don’t listen to half the idiots here who know nothing and just want to act smart.

One excellent example of an option that makes sense is if you were to buy an “RS” Or “S” model car they would offer term care select which covers a set of brakes and rotors for audis. I can personally say you will save money by having term care select. The policy does not cost nearly as much as the actual set of brakes that are covered. All products have some merit and value, they might not all apply to you but they exist for a reason.

Audi care is 100% worth it to me with the RV bump. Basically you end up paying for half of it and at least break even or save a little on maintenance.

The rest will be a typical FI menu. Tire and wheels, dings and dent, lost key, windshield, excess wear and tear, and paint protection. You can also ask ahead of time what products they offer.

None of these products are necessarily bad on their own, but evaluate them at your own risks. For my lease, I got tire and wheel with cosmetic repair since I went through 5 tires and a rim on my previous lease (Chicago’s pot hole are not nice to low profile tires) and an extra $100 included windshield, dent/ding, and lost key. But someone who lives in So Cal with smooth roads and fat tires might not find this particularly beneficial.

3 Likes

There is nothing to say that the reason is in the customer’s best interest though.

All of these are simple. Figure out what the add on costs and compare to what it gets you. If it’s a net benefit, go for it. If it’s not, don’t.

Appreciate all the advice so far!
So since I started leasing, I had a Lexus and a jaguar. Neither really charged me for any repairs afterwards, but as I understand it every dealer is different. Even had some minor dents in the Jag that either didn’t get noticed or charged.
I will be leasing a A6 and generally speaking not a very rough driver. As for evaluating the costs, its tough because I’m not very familiar with Audi costs (also my understanding that the same services can vary quite substantially between different car makers)

Of course the cost of the same service will vary between makes, and even between dealers of the same make.

But I have never seen an AudiCare analysis where it didn’t make sense, so I wouldn’t get too caught up in worrying about that. It usually adds $10-$20 per month and typically at worst you will break even on what you would’ve paid without it.

1 Like

We’ve had some e-trons come up where the audicare covers basically just visual inspections. Questionable value there.

Absolutely, which is why showing both options and linking reading material to clients is important. Some people value the peace of mind, great reason to just pay a broker without having the hassle or time themselves. While I agree there is a much stronger value argument on ICE vehicles, in particular the higher end Audis, there is still one for the etron.

Same people may value not having to worry about Audi maintenance, even if it is just inspections at Audi labor rates or even indie labor rates, and that perspective is something to consider.

:chocolate_bar:

Good point, I guess I should’ve clarified that I’ve never seen a non-electic AudiCare scenario where it didn’t make sense (former Audi lessee here and have run the numbers on bunches).

The reason they exist is to generate 20% of a dealer’s gross profit from just 5% of revenue.

2 Likes

Ended up just going with Audicare… Pretty sure they messed up somewhere on the financials when I asked to add it and it ended up costing me $3/month and then took away my first months payment as well.
Will post deal in next few days when I have a few minutes to sit down infront of computer.

AudiCare bumped my payment like $14 after the 1% RV bump. Worth every penny