Audi asking me to upgrade my <12 month lease

Worth disclosing I’m not a leasing newbie, I’ve been able to either hack or get great deals on all of my leases, but I have a kind of newbie question that wanted to check if someone can share their recent experience:

Less than 10 months ago I leased a 2019 S4 which I love, but I’ve received 2-3 letters from my dealer asking to give them a call as they can give me a 2020 S4 without extra cost (obviusly this is already not true as you need to give minimum fees and taxes). unfortunately I dont have picture of the letters as I throw these away, but my father who is on the same boat with his Q8 (~12 month in the lease) got the letter from his dealer (different than mine) also and called me to ask me.

My question is: are lease deals or incentive so good to have the same monthly payment and minimum DAS? because I may consider it… however I pay monthly <1% MSRP with AudiCare and 15K miles, and gave DAS + ~1K Down on my $62K car… so it was already a great deal to my standards that would be really hard tov replicate considering I need to give them back a heavily depreciated car that is probably $5-10K upside down right now.

To me it sounds like a desperate attempt to make me go to a dealer and try a car to close a terrible deal, but their multiple letters now make me think about it a little…

If that’s true (same monthly with minimal das big if imo) and you want to do it, go for it. Dealer’s motivation isn’t important. If you are curious that’s probably they are having shortage in used car inventory and Audi is pushing hard on new car sales (with potential good kickbacks and allocations). Some Audi dealers here can answer you better I believe.

1 Like

Yeah wanted to have a little background here before inquiring about it before dealing with salespeople lol. I’m planning to expanding my family so I have a couple of months thinking that maybe the SQ5 would have been a better option, but literally not seriously considering as i’m loving the S4 and dont want up side down rollovers on my new lease.

Of course dealers do this kind of thing all the time, the goal is to get you talking to them and in the showroom, etc.

At the very least get an offer from Carvana/Vroom and compare it to your payoff, so you have a realistic idea of how upside down you are, and how much negative equity they’d have to roll in any potential deal.

If they offer you enough on the trade so you wouldn’t have any negative equity (not likely) AND they give you a smoking deal on the 2020, then sure, go for it :grinning:

You have been, what is called, “marketed-to”. Personally, I shred those along with cell phone and home Internet “limited time offers”, SiriusXM “come back” letters, and Bed Bath and Beyond coupons.

7 Likes

Based on what @Samaudibh was saying in his post, there may be something worth investigating if you want to look into getting something new. At least in their case the dealership is short on off lease inventory due to lease extensions. Maybe this is common at the moment?

I have no doubt more “we want your trade” marketing mailers have been sent in the past six months.

To OP along with many many others.

1 Like

Bed Bath and Beyond coupons never expire though!?

2 Likes

I’ll look in their inventory and give them a call and report back. To be completely honest this sounds like a marketing lie, but given their insistence I am just curious now even though I have no intention of changing it unless it’s a crazy good deal.

1 Like

let me know how it goes. im the same boat. have another year on my audi, but i dont mind another one if its true :slight_smile:

So looked at this out of curiosity. My payoff is ~46.8K (Audi FS doesn’t show payoff so added payments left + residual - 1K from audicare that I haven’t used yet) and my carvana offer is 38.5K lol now i am seriously doubting wasting my time calling the dealer with an 8K upside down car

1 Like

what state ?

You may want to look at AUDI FS a little closer. It has a tab for you to get the Payoff quote, I just did it on mine…

It says it doesn’t show it for Florida… which is weird because BMW does show it

I’m in south Florida

I bet its not as straightforward as returning the old and picking the new one and still be even financially. Let us know how it goes.

Sounds fishy

Dealer Payoff is different from your personal payoff

Yeah and their offer to buy the car most likely is lower too and even if they match carvana, it would be from 8K upside down to probably 4-5K… I’ll hit them up tomorrow to see what they come back with… just for the fun of it, worst case I lose 30 mins of my time, best case I get a new car lol

By the way below is what I see on AFS

Florida you can’t buyout your lease, you need to go through a dealer.

2 Likes