AUDI 2018 A4 lease expiring in 2 weeks, Need Advise!

Hello Hackrs!

I have a leased 2018 Audi A4 with approx 38k miles who lease was expiring in 11/2021 and I took a 6 month extension and now its expiring in 5/2022, literally in 2 weeks.

I wanna sell this vehicle and cash in on the equity.

But it does not look simple to me, here is what I have read and tried.

• I have taken quotes from Carmax, Shift and Carvana.
    — best quote I got was from Carmax but looks like 3rd party dealers have a different pricing, I am anticipating that I might not bring any money home with this option.
    — I have also read that Audi dealers often give offer to buy your leased vehicle but since I have only a few weeks left I think they may not budge.

What would you recommend in this situation? Is there another option that I don’t know.

P.S- I don’t want to buy it out and then sell it to a dealer.

You need to get quotes from VW group dealers- or AutoNation/dealership group that has a VW/Audi store. That way you do not have to buy it out (saving the sales tax) first.

2 Likes

I doubt there’s equity

You won’t know until you try.

In addition to Autonation, Carshop is another multi-brand franchise that can buy out leases from almost every manufacturer at the lessee’s pretax payoff (or very close to) and give you a check for the equity.

1 Like

What is the RV? What is your current buyout including taxes?

Just curious, by why did you wait 2 weeks before your lease was expiring to ask for assistance?

If you end up selling it, what car were you looking to get?

New car market has been crazy as we know, couldn’t land a good deal to replace this until February 2022. so, focus was get a new vehicle during the 6 month duration, After that its been busy personally until now.

I closed on a Jeep GCL.

Reached out to a local dealer in my area, will let you know what they say.

Thank you! Will reach out.

I was in the exact same position a few weeks ago.
Had a 2018 Audi A4 Prem Plus w/ S & Black optic Package. Was about 12k under miles too, so didn’t drive it much. Had extended it an additional 6 months also. I shopped online on all the 3rd Party sites (vroom autonation carvana etc) and some local Audi dealerships. It was an Audi dealership that offered the most actually. Took my car one day, looked at
It for 15mins, and offered a good price. I would recommend taking it there (venture out a bit if you can), and if you have a really good offer same day be prepared to take or else they could reduce it the next time you go back. I wouldve gotten alot more too for mines if it didnt have the 1 accident… they pulled up a carfax showing damage on the roof lol smh

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.