Audi 12 Month Lease Transfer

Anyone know if a 12 month Audi lease can be transferred? I see where in the last 12 months you cannot unless it’s family….not sure if an original 12 month lease is treated differently…?

Specify your location when asking for input on a deal! Tagging by state (e.g. CA, NJ, NY, usa-nationwide) is mandatory.

Please tag if your question involves a specialized topic (e.g. tax, insurance, legal, shipping, 3rd-party-buyout, lease-end-purchase, lease-transfer, etc.). You will reach experts faster that way. View all tags at FORUM | LEASEHACKR.

If you asked for a deal check, circle back after you have signed a deal – the community always loves to hear back! Submit your deal to SIGNED! (https://share.leasehackr.com).

“Transfer” is totally misleading when it comes to Audi. They just add an extra driver. So you still remain liable.

It’s like adding a stranger as a driver to your rental car and letting them drive away with it knowing you’re still responsible for it.

Would that liability become non-existent in a one pay lease?

Like, get the etron GT one pay lease now, and transfer it 3 months into the lease whilst asking for pro rated amount (or more depending how good a lease one got originally and what the lease is like 3 months from now) from the new person.

Likely less risk, but not zero. What if, say, transferee wrecked the car and didn’t maintain insurance?

2 Likes

Exactly. Lots of liability beyond just payments.

Like the other posters said. If you are looking to get into a 12 month lease you can transfer I would do anything but Audi, risk is lower with a one pay but if you’re talking about a $100k plus e tron you could ruin yourself financially for years.

Thanks for the replies. I don’t need to do anything, I hurt my back and its a tough car to get in and out of regardless. The wife could give 2 sh!ts about the car and prefers her RR Sport. I only pay $536/mth for the lease so its cheap. Appreciate the feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.