Arya owners - battery question

Arya owners - got my Arya home. Before I go back to the dealership raising questions want to make sure I’m not being dumb.

Charged fully at home at I see this below. This is not my first EV but first Arya. I’m really hoping there is a magic woo doo button that changes setting to make it 274 miles.

Otherwise, it is a fart corp car with 740 miles on and my only other thought is the battery was swapped.
Sold as brand new but it wasn’t fully charge so didn’t pay attention.

While my sticker shows this

Remember, you fill with electricity, not miles. The range estimate on most modern vehicles looks at actuals for how its been driven to estimate actual range.

Only brand I know of that just does kWh times epa range to show range on the dash, ignoring reality, is tesla.

2 Likes

What’s your previous ev? The guess o meter is based on the previous driving history and affected by outside temp.

1 Like

That’s your winter driving range. Wait till summer and my Evolve can go as high as 302

I am at 196 miles at 100% SOC. I don’t even get that. Have your read any reviews? It’s mentioned by anyone who has driven one any distance. I would make sure you have estop set to default on.

I’m assuming you haven’t driven it very long yet. It most likely took the avg efficiency from all the previous test drives.

I am not the most efficient driver on test drives :upside_down_face:

Yeah, just had for a day.

I’ve had two Nissan Leaf - S and SL Plus - both showed estimated range similar to window sticker - S was at 160 miles and SL Plus was at 200+ something. Don’t remember exactly since only had it for 6 months.

VW ID.4 is 270 at 100%.

But this… Need to see in settings if it’s still 87kwh battery. But if it is, damn, what have they done with it before??? this isn’t Nismo Nissan:)
I’m glad it’s a lease then if they drove it like that to make estimated range this low with that battery.

Btw, car was overnight in the garage charging. So it’s definitely not the cold. ID4 was always there so as Leafs.

1 Like

I’ve noticed lower range than sticker as well - but I relate it to being in northeast constantly under 30 degrees….

We did have a day at 50 degrees and range seemed to increase

Even had that issue on either Leafs nor ID.4🥺

But wife loves the Arya vs ID.4. What would have thought😂

It’s just simple math. To get your range, take your efficiency and multiply by 84. A 200-mile range estimate suggests your efficiency is around 2.38 mi/kw which is perfectly average for an Ariya in the winter. To get the EPA range, you would need to be closer to 3.26 mi/kw.

1 Like

My GT @ 100 percent shows me sub 200 miles :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

but that’s b/c you got the short bus audi.

1 Like

My car hasn’t had a problem in 100+ miles thank you

1 Like

Thats an intereting idea. Let me check what it shows for efficiency.

It doesn’t need to be Nismo driving style to get that estimate, it’s more likely the short trip test drive. Our EQB shows 150 mile range. We don’t floor it, however we use it a lot for 2-3 miles trip (dropping n picking up kids to school). I notice for those short trip, I’m averaging 1.5-2 mpkwh. (the car use more energy to heat up the car instead of doing the trip) I assume that’s why my range shows as 150 instead of 220.

That’s disappointing because there have been number of times when I got to the charger with 5% or less. On leaf I got to the charger with nothing once when it could not even figure range and just showed “-“

Had it sitting at a car dealer on the lot, with short test drives, people just sitting in it with the heat on, etc.

I would completely ignore any range estimate it gives until youve put at least 1000 miles on it to totally clear out the previous history and learn from your driving style

3 Likes

I think the problem is that your previous EV experience was with a Leaf. On both my Niro and Bolt it took a few weeks for the “range” estimate to get more accurate for my driving style.

1 Like

Created the below thread for ARIYA owners:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.