Are unicorn deals possible with no work?

$350ish, perhaps, but they still weren’t effortless. They required you to know what you were trying to get and finding someone to do it. They may have been easier than other deals for someone in this community to get, but that still took either a decent amount of leg work to learn the details or paying a broker.

No one was walking in off the street and getting a $350/mo S90 handed to them.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s silly the word play my mental gymnastic initiated, are walk-in type of deals, as great as it get, still count as unicorn? I mean there are definitely lucky individuals but not massive amount of them…

Also I think I should have said fairly effortless, I just assumed that in leasehackrs’ book

know what you were trying to get and finding someone to do it

is the basics. Also I was referring the broker part of jeisensc’s post, so if you can pay a broker to get a “unicorn tier” deal done, it’s pretty darn “easy” already.

After all it’s just the definition of level of difficulty is different. Most people here consider plugging in incentives and a “standard attainable” discount an easy deal, the deal structure is inherently easy although finding that dealer offer the discount may not be easy per se.

Things like finding alternative route/incentives to get great deals are the more difficult or labor-intensive routes in LH’s playbook, like those TX 330e’s, the recent 4xe, discover PenFed incentives, BonusDrive, even sometimes high fleet on certain models. I mean I’d even count finding the high RV of Camero LT a more effort involved hack. Also I recently come across the post using PenFed balloon on a Challenger is definitely creative as well.

I also like to think that an average consumer does not know how to lease a vehicle and give into the down payments to get a low monthly. I was one of those folks before this forum. Majority of car buyers will see an ad in the paper/tv and walk in to a dealership and say give me this “deal” now, not knowng about brand loyalty, rebates, bank rebates and etc.

Example: My first lease was a 2015 Fiat 500 for $99 from Fiat of Manhattan. Unicorn? One may say sure, but that was an advertised deal at the time by the dealership. I also traded in a $16k vehicle and got a check for $11k. I did not know how the lease was structured other than I wanted no lease payments for two year and deal had also free parking for a year in Manhattan.

3 Likes

Hell, my first time leasing off the street I thought I had a steal on a 7 series at 1160 a month- nothing down.

I later learned I could have done better by 10k with knowledge and work.

So agree that the average person (which i was at the time) doesn’t know- I was just comparing it to the bmw advertised offer and I was thousands better. My friend at the time told me the national offer is the best anyways so I was happy- til I learned better.

1 Like

Same friend from Miami with the unicorn LR? Lol

Nope

Local guy, sent me to finance manager at the bmw/Benz dealer. Says he’ll give you a great price right off the bat.

In my wife’s lease, we got an average to below average deal, 8% off at base MF. He didn’t totally screw me on the 7 series, I just didn’t get the best discount. And had no incentives I qualified for

He’s bragging about the payment and leaving out the rest of the story..

1 Like

We learn many things with experience, over time, drawing conclusions from the mistakes made.

Before I new about lease hacking I walked into a CJD dealer and got a 2015 Chrysler 200 limited(approx 25k msrp) for 128/month $1095 das including NY tax. Not necessarily a unicorn but got just by offering them.

I do not believe anyone got those deals just by walking into a dealership…

2024 xc40 b5 plus
$400 + dmv DAS
$0/mo 36mos 15k/yr

Did I have to work for it? Yeah I work for it everyday

XC40? Try working harder.

No need to bump a 3yr old thread just to post this.

1 Like