Are too many newbies expecting a unicorn-type deal?

It WAS unreasonable for others, but you thought it was reasonable. And that’s my point :slight_smile:
edit: It was last year, actually.

3 Likes

Keep posting the unreasonable deal requests from “unicorn” hunters.

1 Like

U-ni-corn! U-ni-corn! Now where did those $600/mth X3M’s hide themselves…

(one of those days… )

youll never walk alone GIF by Liverpool FC
:sob:

1 Like

NGL, now I want to make this happen.

What’s the MF/ residual on 15 lbs of Reese cups? :rofl:

6 Likes

Ever have baked beans on a pizza? Life changing experience.

At 4:20, every option is on the table.

So to speak.

2 Likes

Ever have Hot Cheetos on a pizza? Life changing experience.

1 Like

I came to skim this thread given my experiences on my most recent thread. The content is decidedly not what I was expecting!

That said, I’ll definitely be back.

4 Likes

This was me. I didn’t make an “assumption,” I was incorrect on my figures as someone new to leasing, Leasehackr, (and yes, after reading all the articles and how-to’s), and ready to spend his money with you. Great business model to openly talk about your potential customers in an open forum. Noted.

2 Likes

I am one of those newbies :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If you look at the trophy garage, the most deals you see are from 2019 and some 2020s, not too many 2021 trophy garage photos. I think people look at those and expect that to be replicated two years later.
I highly doubt that we will go to everyday unicorns anytime soon, it’s a shame but it is what it is.

Unless you are leasing a Chevy Bolt EV or Audi eTron this year.

Now than the Flying Unicorn of $1600 for a Bolt just dropped, the newbs can expect Free Cars.

2 Likes

Even the Etron ship sailed on 3/31 so we are literally left with just Bolts

And merely finding a Bolt loaner is almost a unicorn.

3 Likes

Even with those, the e-tron deals aren’t as good as they were previously.

3 Likes

Reading the post about someone claiming to be a lease expert and being ripped off by a dealer makes no sense. The OP made quite a few LH no-nos, including:

1. Walking into a dealership to negotiate in person.
  2. Not doing their research/homework.
  3. Payment shopping.
2 Likes

I’m confused, he knew how to fill out a calculator and ended up paying 1k over on a Sorrento, something amiss here.

1 Like

I am not even sure what advice we can offer since the contract is signed, and the deal involved a trade.

1 Like

Yes best to put it on slow mode. People are just gonna pile on