Are too many newbies expecting a unicorn-type deal?

This!
You hit the nail right on the head!

That guy never would post a contract and also claimed he got several other Bmw for unbelievable prices. I believe his threads were locked. It was BS

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a fantastic search button here that you can use to look at tons of BMW deals to compare.

2 Likes

Probably for the best that he didnā€™t post any detailed information on a forum where he admitted to felony check fraud.

1 Like

He actually did post his contract. Was as he said , I think 260 or something for a 5 series. But what he did was probably illegal but somehow got away with it

Oh it definitely was illegal. He got away with it because the dealer didnā€™t call the police.

Nah, thatā€™s not what slimy dealerships do. They mark up a Civic Type R by 10k and make the blinker fluid changes for 3k mandatory.

3 Likes

now I gotta find these threads yā€™all are talking about.

This is definitely a double-edged sword, as stated before. Reasonable folks can work great deals, while the dinks are always trying to ruin it for everyone else. My Alfa salesperson and BMW salesperson both regretted me sharing their info. For someone to take my deal in hand to the same salesperson and say ā€œI want better than you gave this guyā€ is despicable.

You found a spot that only charges 3k for blinker fluid changes??? Thatā€™s a killer deal. Get it in writing before you head to the dealership.

1 Like

That really happened? WTF.

1 Like

Well, according to my salesman, anyway. But I believe him.

Itā€™s funny you should say that. In November, I (@AP919) worked out a pretty great deal for a guy on a 2020 3er loaner (you know, before the dealer really got any write-down payments). Long story short, he lied about having loyalty, made all kinds of demands at the dealership, and based on this one guy going crazy, we lost the dealership.

1 Like

3 Likes

Not the first time Iā€™ve read that here, either. Was it @Bostoncarconcierge who lost his Land Rover connection due to someone acting like a jagoff? IIRC, it wasnā€™t even a customer of his, but someone who threw him under the bus. I could be confusing details.

3 Likes

Yes sir! That was me :slight_smile:

Now there are JLR reps on LH looking out for people posting employee PIN deals

5 Likes

I couldnā€™t be in the car business, dealing with folks who lie or expect 20% off a brand new car.

It is also comical when folks commenting on one personā€™s deal post their monthly from a deal they signed a few months ago.

or a few years ago. Or during the recessionā€¦

2 Likes

Forgive my rant, but what bugs me sometimes is when folks post a monthly without any other info and ask whether it is a good.

Once, you start asking questions in an effort to help evaluate their deal, they either throw a curve ball (trade with negative equity) or ā€œdisappearā€ for a few days.

2 Likes

Before joining LH, I was able to negotiate my first Audi lease on a new 2018 A4 in the Boston area. I had been monitoring RV, MF and incentives on the Edmunds forum for a while.

I ended up getting close to 14% off MSRP pre-rebates. One local dealer was at 13% off and wouldnā€™t budge. Although I did not have loyalty, the lease rebate and the SOA incentives made me jump on the deal.

I am leaning towards leasing a 5 series when my lease is up next year. Being watching some of the posted deals and broker deals here. I wonā€™t be aiming for a unicorn deal, just a fair deal I would be happy with.

2 Likes

With all this said, 99% of the newbies on here are great and super appreciative of the deals I get them.

Itā€™s like any online review system. The only people that bother to write reviews are those that had a bad experience.

This forum has singlehandly prob taken close to a billion $ from dealerships. Iā€™d love for someone to try and quantify something like that!!!

4 Likes