Are too many newbies expecting a unicorn-type deal?

Paying $1k for a demo GLE makes no sense. To each their own.

I like the front.

1 Like

On a loaner, to boot

1 Like

If I get one more request for a $300 - $375 330ix or X3 or a sub-$500 M340i this month…where are people getting these numbers?

All that I ask is that people are realistic, and hopefully this thread provides some insight…

2 Likes

IMO…if I was a buyer (and full disclosure…I love BMW…have had a few dozen), I wouldnt even bother looking at this marque currently, so I suppose the fact that you are getting inquiries at all is still a good sign?

EDIT…there are actually some posted deals on 3 series that arent too far off the $375 number, but $300 is soooooo 2019.

1 Like

That’s the $64k question. My wild guess is that some folks are unrealistic. Maybe these folks are just looking at the badge, and think deals from more than a year ago can be replicated without any additional incentives. IIRC, a lot of those past deals included $2k in loyalty incentives.

If you have any of those, I would gladly take one :slight_smile:

Isn’t a base M340i around $60k?

3 Likes

My point exactly, and most of these schlubs don’t have loyalty, so that doesn’t help either. They also want to pay nothing at signing, of course!

Well, at least theyve learned something from the LH playbook :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Agreed, and I can get someone to about $395 + tax on a $46,000 330i with just convenience, but you need to pay the drive-offs, have loyalty, etc. That’s at 11% off, but it still won’t be sub-$400 after tax, unless it’s an up-front tax state with tax paid at signing.

I know someone who had been looking for 12% off on a Volvo for a few months couple of years ago, before settling for 10.5%. :wink:

4 Likes

A lot of it boils down to people not willing to accept the realities of the changing market while wanting to lease cars that they couldn’t afford to begin with. How dare is the dealer tell me they can’t replicate a deal today that they made as a one off during a bad month 3 years ago! It’s an outrage! Somehow public in general understands buyer’s market / seller’s market when it comes to real estate, but not when it comes to anything else.

2 Likes

Had a guy asking for 20% + all rebates and last month’s MF on an ETron. I’ve never wanted to hang up on someone as much as that.

:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

I am sorry Hershey, did I go overboard when I also asked for some free chocolate?

2 Likes

I’d like 10% off MSRP and base MF for a Range Rover Sport please. You also have that employee PIN you can throw in? Oh you’ll take care of shipping too, right?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: (being very facetious here)… :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

PM me your address I have pounds of Hershey’s chocolate I legit need to get rid of. I also have a few boxes of defective truffles from my neighbors business. I have a pound sitting on my desk rn. I’m only half joking. You ever stick your gloved hands in a 15lbs box of defective Reese’s cups that have been crushed?

Sure, 30k floor mats.

2 Likes

On a new unit? What are people drinking?

1 Like

TBF, he gave me a pretax payment and cited a California deal for a lower trim that would by my math taken 19% off with his incentives and regional cash (even though I have 1k more than NJ).

1 Like

Regional cash is higher in NJ, but CA has the extra $1500 from CA, no?

1 Like

He did his homework, 20% off from a loaner in 2020, rebates from all sources whether qualifying or not. Last month’s MF. He clearly waiting for all of these things to exist at some point. It’s not his fault as a consumer that you are not competent enough as a seller to combine all of these clearly possible things into a deal now.

2 Likes

I have 1k regional. CA has the CCFR right?

1 Like