Are too many newbies expecting a unicorn-type deal?

At least they asked if they were being unreasonable?

3 Likes

Out of reasonable actually.

11 Likes

True, but seriously now. Has anyone seen a brand-new X3 for 14.5% off? Iā€™m going with no.

1 Like

Donā€™t think this person took the time to go through current deals IMO. The way they approached their numbers tells me theyā€™re just uninformed and donā€™t know whatā€™s reasonable/whatā€™s not - hence the question at the end.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s kind of like an e-mail I just got where someone ā€œassumedā€ that an M235 has $4,500 in incentives, conquest, and other things. I gave you the numbers, theyā€™re over $100 a month from where you want to be, and thereā€™s not much I can do about it. No M235, save for maybe one that I saw, was $365 per month.

1 Like

Maybe you need start putting ā€œDiscount off MSRP is non-negotiableā€ in your posts :slight_smile:

Rough math, but $17.9k/36 (months) = $497.2. That would be a steal for a brand new non-existent X3.

7 Likes

I mean, I can get him there with drive-offsā€¦hah, car just got updated to sold anyway. Next cheapest one is $1,000 more. Close enough if you ask me, especially with Philly tax included:

When a $500 X3 is considered a stealā€¦

4 Likes

I will say that Iā€™ve found your sheet to be very straightforward, especially with % discount listed on there - Iā€™m never really looking at anything other than pre incentive discount % and MF anyways. But then again, Iā€™m probably not a typical customer because I spend way too much of my time on here than I want to admit :slight_smile:

Oh and Iā€™ll take two of the $500 X3s

1 Like

As long as you want to pay the drive-offs and have a tax rate lower than 11%, you can have several in that range. :slight_smile:

And thanks for the compliments!

ā€¦Its time to put ones tail between their legs and curl up in the cornerā€¦

1 Like

Hereā€™s the scoop, the unicorn like deals are posted here just often enough that many folks are going to feel obligated to ask for one. It is honestly somewhere rational if you think about it. Of course, I am not a broker fielding dozens of questions like that a dayā€¦

Exactly. Just because itā€™s a good deal for the current month or programs doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a good deal.

I remember when you could get X3ā€™s for mid 300ā€™s with drive offs, M40ā€™s were around $500 and X3M were around $600.

3 Likes

This^^^^^^

Again, Iā€™m not a broker, but if I was one I would be taking down the information of all the folks who might have unrealistic expectations at the current moment, and then having a tickler file where I could contact them when things changeā€¦and they will change.

1 Like

I personally like to try to differentiate between something being a good deal and a good value, where a good deal would represent pricing substantially better than average given the limitations at that time, and a good value would represent pricing substantially better than the larger overall market.

Given that nomenclature, a $500 x3, when most x3s are $600, might be a good deal, but would be a poor value. Likewise, you could get a mediocre deal on a vehicle, but still have it overall be a good value.

Ideally one would hope to find a lease that is both a good deal and a good value.

Iā€™m also probably doing my best Sisyphus impersonation trying to redefine terms.

7 Likes

Volvo. Always.

3 Likes

The next Volvo to hack is the XC40 recharge. With only 200 miles of range, it should go for 4k one pay lease after all incentives (federal and state)

Are they actually going to pass on the federal incentives? They cut way back on passing it on for the T8s

IMO bad value is usually a deal-breaker regardless of how much discount is being offered.

Conversely there was a sub-$300 Camaro V8 with a small dealer discount but I wouldnā€™t have cared.

1 Like

I generally agree. Thereā€™s been a lot of bmw leases lately that no matter how much you polish the turd, theyā€™re still going to suck.

4 Likes