Are those killer F-Type deals still possible?

Are deals similar to that still possible? Anybody get an F-Type recently? How much did you pay?

I see the residual was around 70% back and then and MF was .00110

Today it seems to be 67% and .00127. So both values are worse. Just for curiosity, does anybody know why these numbers changed over a 3 month period? Is it because the 2018 is out? Any ideas?

Thank you guys.

In the future please just post in the pertinent thread instead of linking to it in a redundant new thread.

3 Likes

Is there any way we contributors can close redundant posts @michael ?

Are you sure those numbers are for 2017? Did you get them from the dealer?

Possibly. I didn’t get the base model but I did end up buying the 2017 F-Type S British Edition.

For 36mo/12000 miles, I got 720/mo + tax with 2000 down. The car had a 93k MSRP. I think maybe the dealer was trying to clear inventory because the first 2018 models starting coming on the lot a few days later.

Strong MSRP to payment ratio and great mileage allocation.

Add that with the free maint that Jaguar now bundle with all cars and you got a solid deal there!

Alright, going to try to get a 2017 base coupe. Seems like there are not too many of those in the area. Wish me luck!

who is giving you that residual? I have called a couple and get residuals in the 61% for 12k lease 36 mo.

1 Like

Are you sure it was the base model, rear wheel drive?

I got them off edmunds.

Looking around seems like there are no more base models floating around.

At least on the east coast that is… Premium trims are the next best thing and those are starting around 73k. with RVs under 60%. The only way I see to get a good deal on those is if you can get the dealer to reduce the MSRP by like 12k + the 2k bonus from jag!

Whats a realistic payment to msrp % to target?

Sorry, can you clarify?

monthly payment divided by msrp.

750 payment on 75k car is 1%.

What do you think is a good number to aim for?

Ah fair enough. I’ve seen folks on the edmunds forums say they’ve gotten 73k cars for around 510-530 pretax.

So thats pretty much what I’m aiming for. You can say its around 0.75% of MSRP.