Are Texas leasers just out of luck?

Sure, but it’s still illegal and is tax evasion. The car must be registered and taxed where it’s garaged. But what do I know? I’M JUST A STATE AND LOCAL TAX ATTORNEY. Forgive me for thinking that, GASP, I may be right because I deal with this all the time.

My parents’ address is one of my legal addresses. I have bills to prove it. But you know what, I register my car and pay taxes for it IN NEW YORK, where it’s more expensive, because that’s where my car is and is used.

2 Likes

What does you being a state and local tax attorney have to do with me dealing directly with the IRS and other authorities bigger then you? :laughing: The car could be garaged and driven on the east then sent over to Texas. That’s not tax evasion and that’s not illegal and everything has been accounted for. You know how many people ride around in out of state license plates? Please relax.

I pay taxes in three states and all addresses which is four are all legal addresses :joy: Tons of other people do it. You gotta be stupid to think I would just type like I am committing tax evasion. Breathe, think first & RELAX.

4 Likes

Guys getting way, way off topic for my original question. Let’s keep this about Texas leasing deals and pointers.

2 Likes

So basically look for tax credits, and don’t limit yourself to a particular type of car. You might get a really nice car like a bmw/Benz/Volvo for Camry money

2 Likes

No. There is no income tax in Texas. Sort of in luck I would say.

I’ve heard this…trying to stay versatile. How would I know who has tax credits? Sorry really new to leasing, even though I’ve bought several cars before.

Continue browsing on here and/or reach out to a broker. You can also reach out to dealers are tell them to contact you when they become available

1 Like

Thanks, will do

US Bank almost always has tax credits in the beginning of the month. Unfortunately, I am not able to use it due to management blocking me from using it. I can always refer dealers that can do it though

4 Likes

Excellent good to know

1 Like

Agree on this!

I’m seeing the same issues… leasing a truck or high mileage truck in TX seems like it doesn’t happen, god forbid I wanted one with a lift lol I guess I have my share of research still to do.

1 Like

One can do well leasing in Texas but it’s much more common to do terribly due to tax burden up front.

There may be no state income tax but our property tax burden is extremely high. So it kind of negates the lack of state income tax. No matter where you live…they got you by the ball$ lol…they’re going to get it one way or the other. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, prop tax is assss here.

1 Like

And crap climate to boot!

2 Likes

US Bank lowered their residual from 79 to 74 on 24/12k miles, so under $300 is not happening.

We had a buyer who contacted us today for a RAV-4 for $270 or less with $0 at signing if you so dare to to touch that one!

Oh, gosh no!
The current TFS deal is $2,999 Down + TTL at $269/months on 36/12k miles.
I don’t think I can even touch that deal.

1 Like

I am sure I am around $375 on 36/12k miles lease with US Bank. $375 DAS.
I will check back on Monday though.

1 Like