Are Honda's, specifically Accords, better to finance or lease?

I know Honda is known to have good resale value when it comes to their cars, especially the Accord and Civic, so does it make more financial sense to finance the car and either sell it privately or trade in to a dealer after 2 or 3 years, if that’s what you decide to do, or is leasing still better?

If you are fairly sure you are going to get rid of it after 2 or 3 years, leasing is way better, as you have a guaranteed “buyer”. Simply turn it in. You will get much less than retail value if you trade in, and selling a nice car private party can be a pain, especially if you live in a more rural area with few customers. That is my $.02 anyway.

See 5 and 6:

If the MF is low, I can’t think of a downside of leasing if you intend to keep the car for 2-3 years.

The only difference in cost would be the $595 lease acquisition fee. However, the reduced sales tax amount should more than make up for it.

This is great to know. Thank you.

By the way, any idea when the next Honda incentives will be arriving?

Current programs valid through May 2, 2016. New numbers will be released the next day. Don’t expect too many changes, though. Honda is pretty consistent year round.

So would you say waiting until memorial day weekend or maybe even July, when they need to begin getting rid of the 2016 models, isn’t worth it?