Are employee discounts stackable on top of dealer discounts?

chrysler
alfa-romeo
dealer

I’m trying to figure out if employee discounts can be stacked on top of the dealer discount for an even better deal. With my Chrysler employee discount I’m eligible for 5% below invoice.

For example, say a dealer is offering a selling price of $42,000 on a $50,000 msrp.
My employee price would be $47,000 on that car with no negotiation. Shouldn’t I be able to take the $3,000 employee discount and stack that on top of the $8,000 dealer discount that everyone else would get since its not factored in. They’re telling me it can’t be done, but just want to know for sure before I negotiate any further.

That’s not how it works. You get a flat 5% below invoice. What you’re proposing would be more. That blows up the rules of the discount.

That said, a dealer can sell a car at any price he wants, so they MAY go lower if they’re looking to hit a number, but are under no obligation to do so.

Ok thanks, that clears it up a bit!

Do manufacturers give dealers compensation on the back end when you use an employee discount? Or are they just making less money off the bat with your EP. I thought it was the same concept as a manufacturer rebate, where its money coming from the manufacturer and isn’t a dealer contribution.