Are dealerships giving buyers not brokers, any deals these days?

The dealers say nobody’s giving discounts on that and good luck basically. The 1 broker just said he couldnt get it on that model, as it’s just had a face lift and new idrive 8.5. Would love to get just 2% off.

As others have mentioned, prob easier to get that mark down on a current inventory. Maybe I need to try reaching out to a bmw specific broker, if that exists?

https://forum.leasehackr.com/tags/c/marketplace/7/bmw

Good luck, basically.

MSRP is an arbitrary number. Some car makers inflate it and throw incentives at models and others keep it at a level people will pay it all day. If the car is worth than number to you, and that’s the best deal you can get with your efforts, go for it. You can also drive a Nissan or Jeep with a double digit discount if discount is the goal.

If a car has an 8 days supply nationally, custom built or not, getting any discount is going to be hard. Really no reason for a dealer to budge. Do they want your discounted unit built before one of their allocations they can move for sticker?

You’re in a tough market for deals too. If you can be patient, those discounts may present themselves as inventory grows.

2 Likes

The X6 is also such a blah car that will probably depreciate like a rock. If you’re going to pay top dollar for a car, I’d strongly suggest getting a more desirable car. Just because something is rare (8 days supply, etc. ) doesn’t mean it’s good. In any case, good luck with scoring the best deal you can.

I just love comments like these that are based on subjective feelings without any basis in fact. Pure conjecture which begs the question, what do you drive?

Hmmm, not that the OP was asking your opinion on what car to get, but what are your suggestions oh mighty one?

Yep you’re right. Wasn’t a helpful comment.

Since this thread is going everywhere and I haven’t been landfilled in a while, this is what has been happening to me lately:

Friend: Where did you get your car?
Me: Broker, I can give you their contact. Reach out before you buy/lease because they can probably get you a better deal.
Friend: I’ll let you know

Friend: Hey I got a new car!
Me: Oh… what did you pay?
Friend: $xxxxxx, and I was there forever.

<Needless to say, not a good price>

Me: Uh… cool.

Some people just like the art of the deal… or the torture.

And this just happened with my Dad. I didn’t have the heart to tell him he could have saved more because he was proud of his ‘deal’. And the kicker is he knows I churn through multiple cars (and brands) but still didn’t call me. Oh well.

Sometimes I like to do the deal myself if I know all the numbers but every time after I do that… I think… was it really worth my time?

But I get it, everyone likes to shop, even brokers here in the same area have different numbers. But if you see something pop up that you like… often times it’s worth not hassling with the “deal”.

3 Likes

Okay. So it seems no one has addressed the elephant in the room and if you have I wasn’t paying attention but the reality is that BMW literally builds 1 X6 for every 10 X5.

It is not a volume car. It does not have to be discounted heavily to sell. If you have a deal that is discounted 3% or better, you. :clap: should. :clap: take. :clap: it.

Worst case you just get a quote from a broker like you do any other dealer. Takes literally 2 minutes

2 Likes

A lot of times, brokers will just get you the car that you’re looking for a at a good price. The best thing about leasehackr is that the brokers often times post deals with added incentives. They know where the deals are. This is great for people like me that have a lot of flexibility on make, model, color, etc. Not so great for people like my wife that gets fixated on color and little things like puddle lights.

1 Like

you’ve already posted one “wanted” ad, now there doesn’t need to be two redundant sets of responses to yet another “wanted” ad.

3 Likes