App-based Leasing & Purchasing

It was not available in my area (Detroit)

2 Likes

I’m interested, but unsure as to how/if I am able to specify the exact packages I am looking for.
For instance, I’m interested in a
2017 Chevy LTZ Z71 midnight edition (all blacked out), with bucket seats.
Can I specify this on the app?

@HonckerLeasing, why does app need permissions to send SMS?

Can someone list which states are available with the app so we don’t have to download if we can’t use it?

It auto inputs a verification code went to you via SMS.

I’ve downloaded the app in December and it didn’t work for me then. It took my information but then couldn’t validate my identity for some reason.
I had contacted the developer of the app. He then suggested a few steps but it didn’t change the result.
After looking at the Highlander deal i tried creating a profile again and it worked.

I can see there are a few great deals like this one…

Chevy traverse 2017 LT
Central NJ zip code
Msrp 37450
$1300 due at signing
$215 per month including taxes
24 months/10000miles per year

and most of other deals are plain vanilla/similar to news paper dealer ads. Only difference is honcker app clearly gives out due at signing which is a good thing.

I contacted their customer service today to understand-

1. How can I apply TFS loyalty coupon to the quotes that I’m seeing
  2. How can I apply MSD to the prices that I’m seeing
    For loyalty i was asked to share the coupon via email so that they can apply it on my account.
    I was told that MSD can be achieved off the app and can be added to the deal once I except the deal shown in the app.
    This looks promising for sure :+1:

I just checked out the app. Its promising for the average folks to lease a vehicle. Looks pretty hassle free and I would assume the majority of car buyers would rather use this app to lease than to haggle for a deal themselves. Definitely not for me though, as I can find better deals on any given day.

Think I am going to take the plunge.
Found a 2017 Nissan Sentra SL, MSRP of $25515. 36/12
Honcker has it for $162.00 including taxes.
Drive off fees are $1406 which includes 1st month, bank fee and dmv fees?

Any thoughts?

Not bad, but not much different to @Orangeman96’s deal …36 month cost of $7000-7100 not incl disp.

Max,
Thanks for all of your help and thoughts. I went over @Orangeman96 deal a few times as a baseline for my negotiations with car dealers. This car has a much higher MSRP since it has the SL Premium Tech package that includes a sunroof, forward emergency braking, intelligent cruise control and a Bose sound system, all for the same monthly as Orangeman96. Do I really need all of these extras? Not really but as I was trying to emulate his deal, this comes about the same monthly with the extras. Unfortunately, Honcker doesn’t have the exact model without the Premium package. It does seem to exceed the 1% rule.

Oh in that case it sounds like a better deal…I remember his was a SL as well but I didn’t realize yours had more tech with higher MSRP

Great.
Although still a bit leery, I am going through with it and will post the process going forward (good or bad).

Sounds good…looking fwd to hearing your experience

Well,
I took the plunge and am in the process of using the Honcker app to purchase my Nissan Sentra. I found the car mentioned above, so I initiated the lease through the app. Asked me for a picture of my driver’s license and my Social which I sent through the app. I was then forwarded a brief credit application, basics such as rent/mortgage payment, employer, where the car will be registered etc… Sent them this information Saturday night. Nothing happened on Saturday so I assumed the car dealer was in NJ since dealerships there are closed on Sundays (turned out to be true). All notifications are done through the app. Today Honcker messages me that the credit was approved through Nissan Credit. All I have to do now is provide them with an insurance card. We have already set up the date of delivery for this Friday. The car is being delivered to my house. Saves me the trouble of driving to NJ to pick up the car. Still have not had to sign any paperwork. Honcker says I can still refuse the deal on delivery date if paperwork is wrong or the prices are not what was agreed upon. Hopefully, like @Jayneo74, my process will go as smoothly on the date of signing/delivery. Must say, their customer service has been great to this point. They have instantly responded through emails after hours and again instantly though their chat feature in the app.

1 Like

I downloaded the app and tried to sign up. Twice I filled out all of the information, accepted all of the conditions, and then hit JOIN. I got a confirmation pin number, then the phone said the app stopped. I reopened the app, tried to sign in but nothing was there.

I filled out the information again, did the acceptance of the conditions, hit JOIN, and got another text with a different pin. However, once again the app said it stopped.

I guess I can’t sign up for some reason, or the app has a bug in it. Using Android via a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active. Running Android version 6.0.1

I live in Ohio which according to a rep I spoke to the other day doesn’t have any dealers yet. I did however want to start checking prices from other states nearby and would be willing to go and pick up the new leased vehicle if I found something.

ls973800,
sent you an email. I would contact the company directly via email. They have been quick to respond to me even before I agreed to lease a car through them. Go to their website for further info on how to contact them.
JCN

Thanks. I was able to talk to them last week when I first read about their services on these forums. That’s when I found out they aren’t in Ohio yet. I was a little turned off when the person answered the phone and it sounded like an echo chamber from 2 miles underwater! He also sounded distracted, at first I thought it was a call center.

He did answer all of me questions then so perhaps he was on a speaker phone and multitasking.

I haven’t received your email yet but using AOL that’s not too unusual at times. I also checked private messages to see if it went there, but nothing except my welcome message from when I signed up here back in October.

Did you get your car yet? How did everything go?

ls973800
According to their website FAQ’S it states:“you will always pay sales tax in the state where the vehicle is registered”. I live in NY so I assume I will be charged NYS tax as opposed to NJ tax, especially since both States charge differently.
The app has worked flawlessly for me on Android. Now, not all deals on there are great either, many are average at best. I guess it depends on the make and model #. Also at least for my searches, Ford, Subaru and a couple of other brands aren’t offered, I guess they have yet to sign up any of those dealers. Let me know if you have other questions.