Anyone with Dodge/Chrysler dealership leads in NJ?

I’m looking to build a Durango SRT. Some dealers asking for above MSRP, I’ve found one who will do AT MSRP, and I’m wondering if there are any in NJ who will go below MSRP.

Thanks

1 Like

Dodge is only producing 3000 of these nationally, with 2000+ of them already spoken for. It’s more rare production numbers than the 2018 Demons, which are selling way-over sticker, 3 years later.

Why do you deserve to pay less than MSRP for this limited-production car?

Isn’t the OP asking about a completely different car then the one mentioned in the Jalopnik article?

3 Likes

@JD81 has a great pulse on this market

These are extremely tough to get so I honestly would expect Msrp or damn close to it

Then again, I snagged > $5K off on two 392s, so ya just never know. Ya…never…know.

2 Likes

Yes, OP is asking about the Durango SUV. I am stating that we can look at the supply/demand for the SRT Demon Coupe that was a predecessor to the Durango high-performance SUV. SUVs are even hotter than Coupes, and this one is being made in fewer production numbers than the coupe.

The car in question is a 700 horsepower 3-row SUV for $100k. It’s not like you can walk into the dealership and say you’re still shopping comps. If you want a limited-production 700hp 3-row SUV, I can’t think of any valid argument that you can tell a dealer as to why they should cut you a break on the price.

If I was the dealer and you asked for a discount, I’d just show you the mass-produced 475 horsepower option that fits in your budget.

You don’t need a 700-hp SUV. If money is an issue, buy the cheaper one. I’m sure the dealer would rather sell their allocation to someone that doesn’t care about the price.

Hes asking about the 392 SRT not the hellcat Durango. And the Durango SRT is harder to find then the Durango Hellcat

1 Like

Theres a few out o state dealers willing to honor Invoice or Affiliate. Browns CDJR in VA will do 4.5% off MSRP on a build.

Austin.Sanchez@brownsbuyhappy.com

4 Likes

Maybe better to ask a clarifying question: Are we talking about the 700hp SUV, the one with only 3000 being produced? Or are we talking about the 465hp 6.4L Hemi V8?

No one calls the Durango Hellcat the Durango SRT.

3 Likes

Well then forget everything I said. I thought we were talking about the rarest of rare here. 700hp SUV. That is the one I can’t fathom asking for a discount on.

You can get a discount on that too if you search hard enough…not all dealers are trying to retire off of a vehicle.

1 Like

People keep saying the big boy is gonna be a future classic. If you can get one below sticker, it might just be the cheapest way to own a 3-row SUV for a few years then flip for a profit. Hunt is on!

Agreed, Few of us torn between, Durango hellcat, TRX, and im adding used low mile trackhawk to the list.

2 Likes

You referenced the wrong car, again.

I’ve got plenty of value-added responses here already, why not keep it moving if you aren’t able to answer my question?

2 Likes

Thanks so much, I’ve reached out!

I need 3 rows, so my list is basically population 1 under 100k

You don’t need 3 rows to go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you want it.

You can find durango hellcats at msrp and still be under 100.

If speed is your goal or value you are in the right direction, if you are looking for a family hauler the durango wouldn’t be the first place I would look at, the navigator, escalade and now grand wagoneer are far superior outside of Performance specs.

I blame that on marketing and a dated platform. A new platform would probably sell really well. Everyone nowadays wants modern amenities, some of which the durango doesn’t even offer.

Limited production one year model run, highly sought after hellcat engine, awd, list goes on.

It would have held its value way better if dodge didn’t produce more due to demand but I still think it’s going to hold its value a lot better than some of the other hellcat variants.

I want fast, loud, and 3 rows at under 70k new or very low mileage CPO. That’s a very narrow field at the moment-

NEW Durango SRT
CPO GLS63 - this is a stretch at 72-75k or so for a 2017 but boy is it loud and fast for such a boat
CPO X7 - neither fast nor loud, and not really fun

As much as I worry about dodge resale, picking up a used AMG might be an even worse idea