Anyone willing to help a complete noob with a BMW i3 lease?

I just discovered this forum and am honestly overwhelmed and a bit lost by all the data. My main question is, will there be better deals on leasing this car because the new 2019 model will come out soon? I am located in the Bay Area but am willing to travel to SoCal if I can get a good deal there. I do not qualify for the $2000 loyalty incentive, but I do have a Costco membership if that counts for anything. Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it a lot.

Hey - it comes down to when you really need the car? Are you aware when the new ones are hitting the lot? My perception is that the production/supply of i3 is already low compared to demand so even if the deals become better, they will go pretty fast and you will be left with cars with very little choice of colors and options.

You can travel to SoCal - but I assume you are not planning to drive it back to NorCal? The travel cost & time + getting it transported to NorCal may not be worth any savings.

1 Like

I cannot say for sure, but I think the Costco program has been frozen for fourth quarter of the year by BMW.

1 Like

If you go online and check for shipping companies and there will be a place to get a quote from LA to SF. BTW earlier in the year I got a 2018 Mini JWC Countryman lease swap from LA to SF and the price ranges were between $250-500 (covered or uncovered). I opted for $325 same day drop off. Just be careful and don’t give your cell number because I’m still getting quote text as of today. I also got about 15 calls on quotes too. BTW the Mini was super fun to drive but at $48K, I would think there are better German cars out there.

My sister’s boyfriend lives in Santa Rosa and was looking for a car and the prices were so much higher than SOCAL. So I ended getting him one in San Diego and having my sister visit my father in Santa Barbara and I dropped it off there. She then drove it up. The Hyundai SUV was $4K move up there compared to SD so it was worth for my sister spend the weekend in SB and me driving up from SD.

1 Like

Lease cash is gone, and has been for a bit, so is fleet. You can still get military and student however. Deals have gotten slightly better this month compared to last, but nothing like it used to be at the beginning of the year and into summer. You can get 9-10% off MSRP right now, compared to 10-12% back then WITH the fleet. I’m hearing that the holiday lease cash program will not be coming this year, but who knows for sure? 2019s should be hitting next month, they only started production this month. If you are not picky on your options, don’t need an i3 right now, and don’t mind shopping “whats left” on the lot come December and Jan, I’d wait.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your advice and help! I think I will wait at least until December because I don’t need a car asap. I actually just discovered the new Hyundai Kona EV coming out next year and kind of fell in love with it… so might end up getting that instead. Fingers crossed that they’ll have good deals!