Anyone use Cars4Us for their tire and wheel coverage?

, ,

Has anyone purchased the tire and wheel coverage through @Cars4Us and what experience have you had? I’ve seen his posts offering tire and wheel coverage which can be purchased after leasing a car. How good and reliable is the coverage offered which I believe is through ClassicTrak? Do they actually pay out claims quickly and relatively easily?

AAA also offers tire and wheel coverage through Fortegra, has anyone used them before? Any experience with claims? Thoughts and opinions going down either of these routes.

My current X3 has $250 18” rfts with rims which are apparently $850. So I’m thinking it may be worth getting coverage for them for the peace of mind. Just trying to figure out if anyone has had experience with either companies. Thanks

You have so much sidewall, so why are you so worried about breaking rims? You’re the last person who needs to

NTM 18” RFT were just $100 each last time I checked and base BMW wheels always sell for cheap in the classifieds because their only demand is for a winter wheel set otherwise no one wants to buy them.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks a lot. Perhaps I’m overthinking it and shouldn’t invest in any of these coverages. If something happens just pay as I go. Much appreciated! The Bridgestone tires the car has now are about $228 on Tire Rack.

Replacement tires don’t have to be the same brand, just the same spec.

Oh I didn’t know that. So 3 can be Bridgestone and 1 Pirelli or something like that?

Also I tried searching online for the replacement rims but had no real luck. Perhaps I’m not searching the right forums or not using the correct key words. I believe the rim number is 688.

Generally they need to match, but don’t need to be what the vehicle came with.

Got it. So may have to swap out all 4. Nonetheless, the tire and wheel coverage may not be worth it. BMW didn’t want to budge past $2500. I said no thanks. At least with Audi it covered refinishing rims. This was strictly tires, not that $2500 would be worth it regardless.

1 Like

Look in the classifieds of the various BMW forums. Use search terms like year and model if something like “Style 688” doesn’t work, since sellers often don’t even know the official code of what they’re selling

You have to go by axles at a minimum.

If you got one flat (say on a rear wheel), replace just the two rears if the fronts are in good shape. That buys you time to buy the fronts later when they’re worn, flat and/or prices are better.

1 Like

Much appreciated for all the pointers.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.