Anyone sell to Joydrive?

Hey Hackrs!

I’m curious, has anyone sold their car to Joydrive? I see a lot of Carvana and Vroom posts here but nothing about Joydrive. I’m in the PNW and it looks like Joydrive is our version of the quick quote and sell service. Got a solid offer for my Audi S7 on there and I’m tempted to let it go.

Thanks!

Never heard of it before, but seems like an interesting company. Quotes for selling your car to them will probably vary greatly, since it appears they’re just a virtual front end for physical dealers. Always good to see more options though

2 Likes

Looks like Joydrive is mostly out west, although they have two dealers in Long Island.

Yup! They’re headquartered in Seattle which makes them naturally PNW friendly :slight_smile:

Interesting concept. I think an online bidding platform for dealer trade-ins could work well, although I’m sure that’s extremely illegal here in Michigan.

1 Like

20% before incentives also illegal in MI apparently. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You’re desperate for that Franklin aren’t you :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hahaha, I honestly haven’t started in on the MI dealers just yet as I’ve been busy with local deals lately.

1 Like

The buying used car makes sense. Reading about CarMax and Carvana, their goal is always to source as many hard cars as possible from tradeins. Auction cars just aren’t, on average, of the same calibre. I assume same logic applies to every dealerships used car lots.

But i bet on Joyride failing for the same reason honcker did. They are trying to allow dealerships to sell cars on their website and app. On the car sales side dealers make the real money with add one once they get you to dealership and the people who pay MSRP. Providing a fair upfront quote that includes a discount and doesn’t include BS add ons won’t work. You need to price discriminate and charge the people who will pay MSRP, MSRP.

I guess a dealership could use Joyride only when it needs to get rid of excess or aged inventory quickly. But far better to have relationships with brokers for that purpose.

1 Like