Anyone leased a 2019 Golf R?!

Yeah, a 340 is starting to look tempting as well.

1 Like

At one point I had an 08 R32 and an 09 335i sedan. I couldn’t resist one day lining them up side-by-side…the R32 had bus lengths put on it by the 335 no matter whether it was from a standing start, or a roll from any speed. The newer Rs would fare better, but from an acceleration standpoint, I doubt there’s much difference between a 340 and an R. And if one puts a $199 Juicebox on the 340, it would dust off the R.

As much as I like BMWs, one might guess this is hard for me to admit considering my screen name!

1 Like

I also was getting quotes around $600 mo on an R lease. But the GTI leases well. An S manual should be around $300 mo 36/12k. Rabbit edition also close to that

1 Like

Spockvr6 I think the greatest advantage of the R is it’s utility and rowing your own gears. It’s really an incredible car. But the new M340 smokes it for sure.

Good luck, note there is only 500 Cornflower Blue Rabbits with a DSG. I purchased mine lease deals are terrible. Got a great purchase offer and ran with it.

I have a friend who just lease one here in LA…with $1500ish drive offs (first month/registration), the monthly is $600 for 36/7.5K!!!

That’s what I’m paying for my Cadillac ATS-V, except 36/12k and $900 at signing.

1 Like

Wow, that’s beyond awful.

1 Like

As a data point, I helped a buddy with an R, $41k MSRP 36/12 $580 a month sign and drive including 7% tax or so. Certainly not a sensible lease for that car at that price point but oh well.

1 Like

The lease rate of Golf R is upsetting to say the least
I think you could get in to an S3 for around the same payment

Siejammy’s deal is relatively great for a R.

Demographic for a R vs. S3 is quite different. Manual vs. DSG. Track worthiness vs. luxury. Hatch vs. sedan.

1 Like

Yes it is…these cars lease sooooo poorly :frowning: This is a major bummer as I think they are :boom:

1 Like

They’re attainable via purchase, though, no? How do they hold value? Can you finance one new and come out even in a year or three?

I financed one new and came out 10k ahead 3 yrs later, sold to carvana. Bought at 38k they’re listing right now at 33k paid me 29.5k. FYI car was in the shop a ton for CEL issues, main computer issues and carbon build up so recommend getting a 2018/2019 with the longer warranty. All that said would totally buy again love that car.

2 Likes

Yeah…if one is amenable to owning, these cars are def a buy vs a lease.

1 Like

How does that equal coming out 10k ahead after 3 years? You mean compared to a lease?

Be thankful. I was quoted $710! They would not come off of it either. Thats $180 more than my wife’s SQ5.

1 Like

Gross. That’s X5 money.

Definitely an owner car not lease.

1 Like

We just got out Cliff Green Golf R in. Come and Get it!

3 Likes

Holy smokes! I never would have thought Volkswagen would offer such a color✔️

1 Like