Anyone ever sold on carsandbids.com?

Curious if anyone went through the process and was willing to share.

I have bought a car there and have a listing currently. A friend got royally hosed on a G Wagen purchase from a presumably reputable dealer (seller) on there. What questions do you have?

Link to the G wagon auction he got hosed on?

Ive seen so much feedback here from selling to carvana and the likes, which I’m likely about to partake in.

Then I remembered carsandbids, and wondered if I could do better there instead.

Its a 2017 Audi S3 Premium+ in Vegas Yellow.

Worth a shot, or is it a big hassle?

Isn’t carsandbids a p2p website?

From what I’ve heard, they require quite a bit of content and process to get a listing on the site. That takes a time commitment from the seller to provide that content, so they push content services (photo/video) which they try to sell over the top. Not every listing is accepted (I can guess which ones are!)

1 Like

Sold my LX470 last year on there. Pretty straight forward process: provided at minimum 80 pics and service history. Title must be present and paid off. Buyer pays a selling fee. My truck was bought by a dealer. I too thought it was p2p but dealers are allowed to bid. It did take around 7 days to get the listing up and they give options when it should run.

2 Likes

Just sold my rivian r1t couple weeks ago there. Smooth process

3 Likes

The vehicle does not have to be paid off or title present, they will list cars that have an existing lien and disclose it.

The most recent sale of a silver 2002 that ended on 4/12/2022.

It’s true that not every listing is accepted, but they’re far less picky than BaT.

Why is there no chatter on that auction about getting hosed?

I don’t have an answer for that – last I heard he was attempting other avenues to be made whole by the seller. I guess there are the usual risks of buying something (usually older) sight unseen. The car I bought happened to be local and I was able to see it in person beforehand.

My buddy sold an old 93 Jeep Cherokee Limited on there for $14.5k

Crazy world we live in