Anyone else throwing in the towel and buying a Tesla?

Another Tesla thread derailed by trolls on both sides.

4 Likes

Oh please, our past interactions were on much more interesting subjects and were valid positions on both sides I believe. I had to take a shower after talking to this new troll.

You should clean it up and trash probably 75% of the posts too…no need to keep the troll posts and the reply to them. Why would someone that has 0 interest in the cars have 30-40% of the post in a thread where OP asked about buying a Tesla? Is LH that desperate for traffic?

And since this is happening on all Tesla posts maybe you mods need to get ahead of this and allow people that are interested have a conversation about these cars without continuously have to fend off theses trolls that only want to distract and instigate…just a thought.

2 Likes

It’s interesting that you think it’s on both sides. One side is providing numbers, evidence, the other is name calling and throwing out random numbers with no explanation. Truly both sides are the same here.

Completely agree, since this is lease hacker and Tesla is not really hackable, just shut down every Tesla thread with auto responder that says Tesla is not good for leasing if you want one buy one. Nothing good will come off this thread so it’s now closed. The rest of your questions can be answered on Tesla forums.

Will totally solve all Tesla related issues and “debates”

i bought a m3 and the bumper/hood is peeling already from assembly damage (had it when i took delivery) stay away tesla sucks, they told me all they could do is touch it up but i bought a new car not used LOL, car is in their body shop atm

1 Like

Post some pics.
This is definitely the dumbest thing Tesla does…passing on the responsibility to fix any transit damages onto the customer. Traditional dealers fix these cars before selling them so customers never see this kind of stuff. I remember when Michael had a similar issue and returned his dad’s car but back then you had 7 days free returns.

Any more arguments and counter-arguments between @njc and @Mark.ca will be deleted. Stay on topic, ignore each other or GTFO of this thread.

3 Likes

*With occasional market adjustment to $1k per kwh during bad winters.

1 Like

Got a build coming in with a 3080ti now.

Back to Tesla; I put a deposit on an AWD Tesla truck; I think it’s cool. Will look at lease options when they come up I don’t want to own any EV’s since tech is changing constantly.

1 Like

That was a market rate carrier problem, like griddy.

As EV owners, our average usage varies between 2-3.5 MWh/month. And for the record our electric and gas never went down, not even a blip.

Do you know how much of that is EV charging? And you have 2 right?

1 Like

You can figure out the cost to charge your car by multiplying your electricity cost by the battery size. If you pay 10 cents a kw, and have a 70 kw battery, it will cost about 7 dollars to fill it up. The 2021 model 3’s biggest battery is 82kw. So at 10 cents a kw, you’ll get about 350 miles of range (likely less because it’s Tesla) for about 8 dollars and 20 cents. So an ev is much cheaper to operate if you’re charging at home compared to gas cars.

1 Like

Don’t forget to add about 10% more power for charging losses.

2 Likes

Please, for the love of god, can people stop calling a Model 3 as M3. I’m on neither side of the debate but this gets me riled up every single time. Had to read this post three times to really understand it the right way. Coming off as bit too harsh I know but just trying to be honest :slight_smile:

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

@njc If you are going to antagonize the murder-hornets :alien::honeybee::japanese_ogre:, please do so in your own yard. The last question was on topic, this isn’t.

In the winter, it’s even higher than 10 percent up north. However, you can make a decent guess on the actual cost.

I don’t know which ICE car OP was trying to get, but as for price, it maybe true that Tesla can be a better deal because the ICE car OP want is heavily marked up.

Eg. RAV4 Prime XSE have mark up between $5K-$10K.

Everything seems marked up…including the evs especially since gas got over $4/gal and people are pilling in. There is alot of free charging (especially work) in SoCal so one can easily save $150 per month with any of the available evs. Apparently some see that as a green light to bid up the ev inventory…it will be hard to replace 2 this year.

Indeed.

I was just confused by the first response in this thread, which said:

But for some ICE car, it is no longer full sticker… it’s over sticker. AFAIK, with Tesla, you still buy at sticker. I don’t own Tesla, so I may be wrong…

What’s the difference between paying over MSRP with another brand vs Tesla increasing their MSRP?

8 Likes

Tesla prices have fluctuated. For example, while the three is 3000 more than February, it’s the same price as the spring of 2019.

Car prices for virtually every manufacturer have only gone up. Tesla is the only one I can think of that has gone up and down.

1 Like