Any VacationHackrs?

Travel hacking this summer may require extra sharp tools. We’ll see if it affects drivers too.

Greatttt. My assumptions/predictions about summer travel are continuously supported. :man_facepalming::poop::see_no_evil:

“FREE PARKING IN VEGAS HACK”

I just got a MGM branded credit card through my Mlife rewards account, by FNBO Bank,
Automatic permanent upgrade to PEARL status (as long as cc is open) $100 worth of points 10K points to be exact after $1K spent in first 3 months.

Pearl includes FREE parking-which is $15-$20 per day on the Strip in Las Vegas… that’s the only reason why I got it-rate was advertised as 20% give or take, I go to Vegas usually 5-6 times a year so FREE parking is a given. Only hotels that don’t charge for parking on Strip for now are: Palazzo/Venetian, Wynn/Encore, Treasure Island… Now I can park at ALL MGM hotels for FREE and booked a Sep 5-7 at MGM Grand gotta close pool season :joy: for $65/day with a daily $50 F&B Credit so room is only $15/day-SWEET (plus dreaded resort fee of course lol)

I do have Caesars rewards GOLD but FREE parking is for Platinum or up-unless you book the RIO All Suite-which is what I did for Jul 4-6th stay, and I don’t really go to gamble but for the COMP rooms and all day pool lounging…

Happy Hacking Everyone

The Wyndham business earner card comes with automatic diamond status which matches to Caesars Diamond which will get you free parking amongst many other perks.

3 Likes

Alright i’m way behind the 8ball on this and need some help. I currently only have 2 cc’s (discover from when I turned 18, and an amazon cc). Now that Im older and taking on more real world responsibility, i’m looking for a “grown up” cc or 2 to open and maintain

Mainly looking accumulate rewards points and be able to apply them to flights / hotels etc, amongst other perks

I have great credit and above average income. Any suggestions?

Chase Sapphire Preferred is a good, all around card. Can transfer points to different airlines and hofels or book through their portal at 1.25c value per point. The current sign up bonus of 80k points is expiring in a few days.

Capital One Venture X is also a good option

2 Likes

Start with Chase and then diversify once you’ve hit 5/24 and are no longer eligible for additional Chase cards.

A sound strategy over 12-24 months might be:

1. Chase Sapphire cards
  2. Chase ink business cards (don’t count toward 5/24)
  3. Other business and/or charge cards from Amex, Citi, BoA that also don’t count toward 5/24
  4. Any final Chase personal cards to round out your 5/24 (ie Freedom, hotel and/or airline branded cards)

Once you’ve hit 5 personal cards and are no longer eligible for additional Chase products:

1. Amex (Charge cards, co-branded cards) and Citi cards (ie TY Premier, AA cards)
  2. Other cards as desired based on whichever transferable currencies or points/miles you’d like to reload on

Alternatively, if you want to stay under 5/24 so you can keep hitting chase ink bonuses (if you value Chase or just want to stick to one currency), just find the 3 or 4 personal cards you want most, and hover 4/24.

3 Likes

Just opened a Chase Sapphire for the 80K bonus. Needed a miles card as I realized I travel more these days, and am taking several flights this upcoming summer.

This is great advice thank you! So for these cc’s, does it raise a red flag that I’m trying to open 4/5 cc’s in a 12-24 mo period? Any advice on how to spread them? Or just apply for them all at once lol

You can do a double dip with the sapphire cards to start (I won’t post it here — just do some googling) or just pick one if you don’t want to bother with the hassle. General rule of thumb is 1-2 months between new card apps. Don’t apply all at once.

It’ll give you sufficient time to hit sign up bonuses and will avoid rejections for having too many new applications in a short span.

Where possible, use referral links from friends or family (people who have the cards already) so that they get rewarded as well. And then once you get the cards, make sure you also refer friends, family, coworkers, etc so that you both get bonuses.

3 Likes

Also if you double dip, make sure to do the one you would rather have first, just in case it’s unsuccessful

As you’re starting to build credit, don’t forget to Freeze all 3 bureaus and only thaw them as needed

And with Chase remember that you can peanut butter available credit across multiple cards. So when you get that 2nd/3rd/4th card and they say (e.g.) “we don’t want to extended any more credit than $10k” - you can ask them to apply $5k on Sapphire, $3k on Cashback card, $2k on Amazon rewards”. When you close a Chase card, always tell them which remaining card to merge its available credit to.

2 Likes

Only that Chase won’t approve you after 5/24. But your credit score with go up, so the opposite of a red flag. Flip your cc like you’re flipping 4xe’s!

Sorry if this has been asked but where do the hackr’s recommend checking flight fares? Price alerts ?

Planning a family trip for 4 (2 adults, 2 small children) to the Caribbean and could use the help! We have Amex points and can sign up for different airline rewards if it helps. We don’t seem to fly enough to stick to one carrier usually.

I personally use Skyscanner and Kayak

1 Like

Does anyone have any suggestions on maximizing american airlines points/other points that can be used on AA? Planning a trip for next May which gives lots of time for opening a credit card for sign on bonuses, etc, if it makes sense.

Citi & Barclays both have AA bonuses going right now for new cards opened with reasonable spending requirements: The Barclays one you may have to tell them you are a sole proprietor. Keep in mind Citi Premier has an 80,000 point bonus that can be transferred to AA and Chase Sapphire Reserve has a 70,000 point sign up bonus though that is a ~ $595 annual fee.

Barclays Business Aviator Card 80,000 Miles Signup Bonus + $95 Statement Credit - Doctor Of Credit

Best Current Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses & Offers For June, 2022 - Doctor Of Credit

1 Like

My wife is a sole proprietor, so wouldnt even have to lie about it.

Ive already got the chase cards.

Only Marriott transfers to AA.

The good news is that they have CC with both Citi and Barclays so plenty ways to get miles.

Right now the Barclays Aviator Biz card is offering 80k with the first year free while the Citi Platinum Select is offering 75K first year free.(I think this one’s expiring soon) Both all time highs iinm.

If your doing the Barclays, you can also double dip with the personal aviator(this one requires just one purchase to hit the SUB) using the same credit pull as long as you apply on the same day

1 Like

Great card but points cannot be transferred to AA. They allowed it once as a limited time promo. Doubtful we’ll see it again

2 Likes