Any Stupid Deals going on right now?

Why not just get ZipCar?

1 Like

Saw a lease deal recently for a new Jetta that was like $2000 down, $19/mo. That’s like $100/mo. Maybe shop for a Jetta.

Read through the forum

1 Like

where was this? …

I think it was Sunnyvale VW in SFO Bay area, maybe last month’s special. They have some decent deals published right now as well on some shorter term lower mile leases.

Not interested in it. I don’t really need another car, but it would be more convenient, so if there is a stupid deal going on, I would like to jump on it. I know that this time last year, they had the $50/mo Cruzes, Trax, etc. I understand that the incentives changed and what not and that those deals aren’t available right now. I’m trying to figure out how close I can get. If it’s just the normal $150/mo cruze/elantra, then I’ll pass for now as like I said, I don’t need an additional car and can get that deal anytime. But zipcar makes absolutely no sense unless you are visiting a place with no car, and won’t need one the whole day. It’s much more expensive than rental cars ($84/day or $9.25/hr), so it really only makes sense if you need it for like 2 hours or less. Hell, if you need a car for 2 days in a month, with the money you’d spend on Zipcar, you can just lease a compact sedan a la Cruze or Elantra.

I read it every day, just looking for some direction as I haven’t seen anything insane lately on a cheap car.

1 Like

If you read it everyday, then you would know that $100 a month isn’t possible right now.

4 Likes

All stupid deals are here:

11 Likes

Heh, you beat me to it.

1 Like

Did you happen to notice the miles remaining on the E350? 700… for 7 mos. pay as u go

Like @BoardWalkNJ said - there are no $100 per month all inclusive deal for ANY car.
Cheapest i can think of is -

Encore preferred 1 SB MSRP $25700
24/10000
$118 per month $950 due at signing (includes everything - based on NJ taxes)
assuming you have conquest, GM supplier pricing.

This is on Honcker.

Edit - Adding one more.

2018 Terrain SLE 3SA
MSRP $32700
24/10000
$166 pm / $1000 at signing
(includes everything - based on NJ taxes)
assuming you have conquest, GM supplier pricing.

If you had a BMW for loyalty you may be able to get to $100/mo on an i3 if you have a dealer willing to play ball. Not sure if they still have the $2000 lease cash from last month though. I was able to do one for $125/mo via a one pay ($3000 total due at signing) in Colorado (we have $2500 in a tax credit that can be used at time of purchase which helped tremendously) and others were under $100/mo with one pay if you were buying in NJ.

Sure, but then you see the deals like the $98 Terrain at Fusz Buick GMC.

Has anyone got one of these yet? I’ll believe it when I see a signed lease contract and not a dealer ad.

I agree. Englewood Chevy, GMC, Buick run similar crazy ads. Right now, they have a 34k sticker Terrain for 129/mo with 650 due at signing (including bank fee) + TTL. Here’s the kicker, They’re even using less incentives ($1500 conquest instead of $2500 for Chevy and $3k for GMC/Buick). I’ve been trying to talk to someone there for a while. He takes forever to get back to me and every single ad car I inquire about appears to be sold, and I went in person today as I was in the area. Couldn’t find the sales guy I was dealing with. He was apparently on a test drive, for like the 20 minutes I was waiting. I spoke to a sales manager, who was rude, useless and didn’t want to give me any information. I asked what ad cars are still available, he would respond I don’t know, I’m not keeping track of it, etc. We sold a lot of them today, whatever. I’m like, well, it’s your fucking job to keep track of which cars are going out, so you better have a fucking list somewhere. It’s not rocket science. Asked him how much more a non ad car Terrain would be as the incentives are different according to him. He says not even close, I say, give me a dollar amount, how much different are incentives? I would think it would just be the $1k in flex cash, but who knows. He can’t or doesn’t want to. I’ve literally never spoken to a more useless sales manager. He really felt like a sales person more so than a manager as he didn’t know anything and couldn’t help me. I was the only person in the showroom. Literally, no other sales people or customers in that building at least.

1 Like

make sure it includes tax, title & license and 1st month’s payment. I’m 99% sure it doesn’t!

Do you have your salesman’s contact info? I would love to score an EV deal in Colorado - they’re tough to come by right now.

Which dealership if you don’t mind me asking?

130/month, $0 down, $890 drive-off includes taxes first month etc, for 36 months, 10K/year.
For a Buick Encore, FWD.

1 Like