Any family vehicle solutions I’m not thinking of?

I wouldn’t put my kids in an aftermarket third row. The Mazda CX90 can be configured as an 8-seater with two benches.

You can’t have it all in life. No matter what you suggest I have a feeling OP will find something to dislike about it.

2 Likes

Wrangler third row kits are a mature market, some of which even have LATCH bars.

The CX90 only has a 2nd row bench in the base trim.

1 Like

So next will you go into the thread with the guy looking for an exotic to DD and suggest a Corolla? Obviously options outside my criteria exist, and it’s not impossible we’ll end up with one. That’s not the point of the thread, though.

1 Like

Wranglers aren’t very big, width or length wise. I cannot imagine 7-8 people being remotely comfortable in there.

To each their own, but an aftermarket third row is a hard pass for me.

4 Likes

Let’s not get crazy over here. You obviously need a minivan for three kids in booster seats and you yourself stated nothing flashy with low cost to run. If you have a better and more reliable as well as value retaining option I’m all ears. Otherwise no need to get antsy in your high chair.

1 Like

I think you’re overlooking the importance of a plug to some people though. It’s a huge convenience to some as it means they very rarely have to worry about getting gas. With 3 kids, I’m sure he is trying to optimize his time wherever he can…

Am I reading a “wrong answers only” post?

Just trying to give OP fresh ideas when they already know the answer. :nerd_face:

Grand Highlander could work. It’s not a PHEV but it is a hybrid.

Have you ever driven a wrangler? This is an insane suggestion as a solution to your problem.

6 Likes

I got rid of my wrangler because I was struggling with getting my 3 year old into a car seat in the back with the limited space and wanted more room.

3 Likes

Compared to his first idea, it’s almost ideal!

(His first idea was a dirigible.)

Not as insane as all the people who actually install them, of whom there are enough to support multiple manufacturers.

A Wrangler is also as wide as a Mercedes E-class wagon. They both fit three kids across, including a toddler car seat. Ask me how I know.

They’re plenty reasonable for throwing some kids in when you are cruising up a firetrail at camp going 20 mph. As a daily solution? No.

I also don’t know that I’ve never seen rail mounts for the JL, only the JK… much less 4xe compatible ones

Since you sound like you’re not big like me:

Kia Sorento PHEV has 3 rows but not very good leases.

Also Mitsubishi Highlander PHEV has 3 rows but has a bad rep here.

1 Like

How lengthy is the service history exactly? Are you approaching lemon law territory? That may be your first thing to research, especially since it generally doesn’t cost you a dime to do so. While a new Pacifica might not be your first choice, it may be the most prudent one depending on what type of trade assistance or other arrangements Stellantis might be willing to offer you if things have gone bad enough with the current car and the dealership is unable to fix it.

Lemon law doesn’t apply to 5 year old cars as I understand it. I have initiated a case with “Chrysler Cares” and they’re supposed to call me back today.

You have Pennsylvania tagged in your post and yeah, a brief look seems to show that PA’s Lemon Law kinda sucks. Still worth pursuing something through Chrysler Corporate to see if they would be willing to give you any kind of Goodwill in order to keep you as a customer.

1 Like

I’m working every angle:

1. It’s at the dealer now waiting on a new coolant pump and hopefully a new hood since it’s galvanizing under the paint
  2. Complaining to Chrysler about it hoping they want to stop doing warranty work on this thing they broke and give me a very favorable move into another Stellantis-mobile to keep only until my kids are done with boosters
  3. Considering selling once it finishes this round of warranty work and getting something else, hence this thread