Any advice appreciated 18 Volt base $7.1k one pay

So we are now using a new metric of 18.6 cents per mile to evaluate a lease? Game on …

I think this one beats the 18.6 per mile …

By my count it’s about 28 cents per mile. 4233 in payments, 14800 miles remaining. 0.286 cents per mile. Also the original deal without lease transfer incentives is around 37 cents per mile.

I’m also just using that as a general benchmark for the Volt/Clarity apple to apple type of comparison, though I suppose the Mirai can be grouped as a similar type of vehicle under the right conditions.

Yes sir, but that deal includes free fuel lol. I am sure your volt is going at around 6-7 cents a mile in gas/electricity???

That’s true, although from an apples to apples comparison there’s many people who are able to charge at work, sometimes even at home for free depending on their setup. I did a rough calculation, and based on the energy aggregation program my Township has I believe I’m paying around 2 cents per mile to charge, give or take.

1 Like

With solar at rooftop from last 3 years. My Chevy Spark was free with effective lease payment of $88 / month ( After CA rebate) . Electric Vehicles are great choice if you got Solar or have workplace charging.

1 Like

If I literally lived across my own street I’d do solar for sure. My side of the street isn’t a good candidate unfortunately.

False math. Your solar cost money to set up, right …

1 Like

This amount is very small in comparison to what gas would cost.

Currently my utility charges $.19 per Kwh hour. So roughly half what a gallon of gas costs in So. Cal. However, based on what I paid for my solar panels and their expected output over their lifetime, that same amount of energy costs about $.03 cents per Kwh. I am paying the equivalent of $.15 a gallon for gas. You can do the math from here, but a full tank of gas is the equivalent of $1.50 with solar panels.

I know solar fan boi’s can be annoying AF, but the savings really are that big. It is costing me about $6 a month to fuel my car with electricity. With gas, I would be at about 120 a month.

1 Like

True and saves Electricity bills if you start charging at home start hitting More than ~0.40 per unit range in San Diego, CA.

everyone’s math is different. In my case, invested $12000 in Solar Panels 3 Year back.
Saved $150 electric bill + $200 Fuel bills = $350 bills / month which is same as $12600 in 3 Years.
Now after 3 Years , i just need to pay lease amount for electric Car No electricity bill nominal Gas bill once a while.

Again , math is different for different people and it is my math in my scenario.

Your math is more precise. Mine is a rough estimates. Without Solar total bill consumption will not be $.19 per Kwh hour but will start going upwards of $.48 per Kwh in standard plan. Of course , you can change plan like EV plan / TOU plan.

Tier 1 - 27¢
0 - 351
kWh

Tier 2 - 48¢
352 - 1,080

kWh
High Usage Charge - 56¢

kWh

Since I blow past, or used to blow past all these tiers, I just took my total expense, divided by my Kwh’s to figure out what they were charging me. This .19 was our average over the last 2 years.

Rates are never going back down that’s for sure. When I bought my house 10 years ago, I was paying about .12 per kwh. So a 60% increase in 10 years.

Are those your current SCE tiers, with no solar? If so GODDAMN! That is brutal.

thats a steal!! where can i sign up? how many miles per year?