Any active 12-18 month leases out there?

Sister will be moving to Chicago area next week. They will be there for about a year and a half before her and her family move out of the country.

Are there any new car leases available currently with 12-18 month terms? Searching I saw Nissan used to have a 12 month but not seeing anything currently.

If not I think her plan is to just buy a used car and sell before moving - but she would prefer a new car if possible. Swapalease also checked out but nothing that fits what she needs. This is a situation where car must be picked up in Chicago.

If you have any other recommendations of options please share them! I saw Sixt had a subscription service which is PERFECT for what their situation but unfortunately not available in Chicago.

Thanks!

1 Like

Nissan will do 18 month leases.

1 Like

Since you didn’t mention anything about a budget, Porsche offers 12- and 18-month lease terms.

PJ

1 Like

I believe lease taxes in city of Chicago are substantial, fyi. Look into that if you haven’t. Could factor into lease/used analysis!

Care by volvo is a 24 month lease that you can end anytime without penalty after 5 months

Taxes in chicago will probably be like 30% of your lease payment. I heard it is crazy high.

Usually around 18% effective

2 Likes

Jeeez. Sucks to be them lol

One should not lease while living in Chicago

1 Like