Another vroom/carvana question- Kansas

Sorry to possibly beat a dead horse here…

2020 Tundra TRD sport

My current lease is through USBank and I pay $282/mo… Put zero down. It was a great deal.

My payoff is around $43k. Vroom is offering $53k and carvana is around $51k. I’m in Kansas

My main question is… Do I have to pay off the truck and the remaining sales tax on that $42k? In my state it’s almost 10% and then registration fees would be needed as well.

Or can any of these services pay it off themselves to where I never have to pay the remaining sales tax?

Thanks for any insight

Andy

What is your 3rd party dealer pay off amount?

1 Like

I recently sold my US bank lease to Vroom. Here is the process:

• Get an estimate from Vroom by plugging in VIN and condition of the car etc
  • Get dealer payoff quote from US bank and fwd it to Vroom. (Vroom can also get it directly from US bank)
  • sign contracts with Vroom
  • schedule pickup of your vehicle. Vroom will come n get it
  • Vroom sends payoff to US bank and equity check to you
  • US bank cashes the check and closes your account
1 Like

I just did a quote from vroom I have the exact same set up. $49,333!!! Pay off is $45,300. We shall see how it goes

That’s pretty simple. What state are you in? My biggest concern is the possibility that I will have to pay the remaining sales tax if they have me pay it off. That negates most if not all of the equity and trying to find something to buy now is crazy

CT. You can call your finance company and ask them abt sales tax. Don’t rely on Vroom to give you any valid answers. Be prepared to do all the work when you’re dealing with Vroom.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.