An electrified #Corvette will be available as early as next year and a fully electric version to follow

https://twitter.com/chevrolet/status/1518577631716913152

Great another car I can’t get my hands on

3 Likes

If there is a will, there is a…

Hmmm… Wonder what the motivation is for an electrified (but not fully electric). Does GM currently have an electrified powertrain (mild hybrid, hybrid, PHEV) that would be appropriate for a Corvette?

Maybe a kers type set up for acceleration boost.

Looks like maybe an NSX type AWD setup? Electric motors up front?

A tweet from April 25th…first I’ve heard of this. Thought one of the car rags would have mentioned it.

1 Like

Had a deposit on this one for over a year, before it existed.

Does a Hawaiian shirt come standard with the electric option, like with the ICE option?

Sooo, Chevy/GM cannot satisfy the demand for the current C8 and now we’re introducing an electric version? Great idea and I’m sure it’ll work well. Most of their vehicles up until now have operated flawlessly.

:poop::poop::poop:

1 Like

Is that the same tech as Mercedes uses in its mild hybrid AMGs (the -53s, specifically)?

Would make sense as a “step up” car that wouldn’t be insanely expensive…

…mark up

Did I do this right?

AMG 53’s use a mild hybrid setup. If the hybrid Vette is like the NSX, it will be similar to C63S E Performance setup…but flip/flop for rear ICE setup. AMG has battery and EDU in rear of car. EDU combines electric motor, 2 speed gearbox, LSD. The Vette would just flop that concept and put electric drive units in the frunk(battery pack possibly somewhere in middle of vehicle).

The hybrid C8 is said to replace the Grand Sport in the lineup. So price-wise it will land between the Stingray and new Z06.

1 Like

Bit surprised that they aren’t going to take the ZR1 toward the hybrid direction. Reports indicate it will likely be a twin turbo version of the Z06 5.5L v8.

If they were going hybrid (Grandsport) and EV with the Zora, Im just not sure where the ZR1 fits in the line up - it just doesn’t seem needed at all.

Would have liked to see them go crazy and try like a LaFerrari, 918, and P1 hybrid.

:moneybag:Blessings​:moneybag: