Amex Plat - 150K Bonus Point; Gold - 90K Referrals

Im interested in the personal platinum.

1 Like

I can see where you have some different drivers than I do.

Nearly all of my trips require a connection, so I value being a priority for re-accommodation because the risk I’m trying to mitigate is getting stuck at a hub city overnight… and then possibly not having an option to get back out for one or more days.

That’s worth a premium to me, although more often than not I don’t have to pay a premium at all.

As a datapoint, I’ve had to “wait” to get into a lounge once, and while it is on the busier side about half the time I’m there, I can usually get one of those 3 walled chairs that isolate me from most of the lounge… That being said, I strongly prefer AAdvantage lounges and the occasional Delta lounge whenever I fly them, even though I think Centurion generally has better “meal” options.

Also depends on where you fly in and out of regularly. 99% of my flights are from DFW to NYC, DC, or Philly, which all have strong AA presence and AA is almost always competitive. Not necessarily the case with Houston when I move there next month…

If anyone needs a plat referral for 150k points, shoot me a DM :slight_smile:

Side note: Not saying that I don’t shop at Walmart (I do), but it seems a bit funny to have that brand perk being alongside offerings from Equinox, Saks, Clear, Fine Hotels & Resorts, etc…it sticks out like someone radically underdressed at a wedding. :rofl:

If only Saks sold toilet paper and groceries! I can’t complain about the Walmart+ credit too much - I was able to get a few PS5s for friends a few months back, when they did a Walmart+ exclusive drop.

Also I wish they’d swap that Equinox credit for something more useful. That one’s hard to use and barely makes a dent.

Yes totally. Everyone’s needs are different. If I had to fly with connections, I’d prioritize comfort over price too. Personally, I avoid connections like the plague and haven’t really had a connecting flight in years.

I also fly SFO to NYC or DC and even though SFO is United’s and Alaska’s hub, as mentioned in the example above, alot of times they don’t have the times I need to fly or the fares are much much higher compared to say JB or Delta. Sometimes AA has a really great deal on miles but thats become more and more rarer now

Oh, yeah, definitely not a complaint, just a funny observation. I agree that more useful service benefits would be welcome instead of the stuff requiring unnecessary extra spending at luxury brands. Then again, card-hackers and deal-seekers are not the target clientele in the first place.

Throwing my referrals if anybody is looking. $300 Blue Cash Preferred is about the highest I’ve seen. The others seem relatively standard.
Also have 100k AMEX Plat referral if needed.

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - $300 sign up bonus
After they spend $3,000 in purchases on their new Blue Cash Preferred® Card in their first 6 months of Card Membership. They will receive $300 in the form of a statement credit. $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.

AMEX Delta Skymiles Platinum - 90k bonus miles (not MQMs)
Limited Time offer: Refer a Friend to apply by 06/08/2022, and if they’re approved, you can earn +5 rewards per dollar spent on eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants for 3 months, on up to $25,000. This is on top of what you already earn on your Card. This offer can only be redeemed once. Terms apply.

AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card - 75k bonus Marriott Bonvoy points
Make $3,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.

Why would anyone take your 100k referral when the 150k referral is out there…

1 Like

I’m not telling them to take mine lol.

If anyone is interested in the 150K Amex Plat Offer. Send me a PM.

Ari

Why can’t we just sign up here?

https://card.americanexpress.com/m/platinum-card/?utm_mcid=3559191&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=amex%20platinum&utm_cmpid=699128546&utm_adgid=35144787303&utm_tgtid=kwd-30017090&utm_mt=e&utm_adid=576138826796&utm_dvc=m&utm_ntwk=g&utm_adpos=&utm_plcmnt=&utm_locphysid=9031142&utm_locintid=&utm_feeditemid=&utm_devicemdl=&utm_plcmnttgt=&utm_programname=brandcps&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqPGUBhDwARIsANNwjV4YD0_-j1I_JHrxvcc5iIdPzZh_g-HV1g3U-cPwCVlrVzdJuGot_2gaAsiQEALw_wcB

You can… but members here are offering their code with 50K more points ($500 more) don’t leave $$$ behind FREE is FREE :sunglasses:

So 200k instead of 150k?!

Wow the fee is $695 now? I just canceled my Platinum card because I no longer fly and stay at hotel much anymore. The sale rep tried to talk me into justifying $550 fee. I wish they still had Netflix for streaming credit.

End up downgrading to a Gold card, 4x for dining and grocery is pretty decent.

I have chase sapphire, have had it for 15 months, i already got the bonus 70,000 points and recently referred a family member for another 70,000 point, so i could clal them and tell them im looking to cancel and they will do another round of the bonus for me to spend few k and get point?

You link is 100k, there are a lot of referrals out there for 150k

Chase has been very stingy with retention bonuses