Am I due a refund of the money I paid for a lease end inspection that was never conducted at no fault of my own?

I purchased the vehicle I was leasing from a Honda dealer in San Diego County. They told me they were going to conduct a lease inspection during the transaction and later on told me it was $1000. Did I have a choice?
I took the vehicle in on two occasions but the inspection person was not on the premises both time. I asked to be contacted with an appointment to work around both our schedules but was never contacted. Since then, I have been financed through another company for the purchase of the vehicle.
Question: am I due a refund of the $1000 I paid for the inspection and at no fault of mine, never received?

I know my vehicle was under the mileage for the lease as well as no damage to the vehicle at all. Just bought new tires etc…

So you leased a Honda and at the end of the lease chose to purchase it, correct? Did you go through a dealer so you could negotiate a lower price or finance it with HFS or something? Trying to understand why you would purchase your leased car through a dealer when you can just pay it off yourself or have a local credit union process the paperwork if you’re financing. Going through a dealer seems to add an extra layer of cost/hassle that’s not needed.

1 Like

Assuming this is not the usual “lease end inspection” which is free in all brands, a thousand dollars for any inspection without any work is highway robbery . Not to mention the service is not even delivered.

2 Likes

You can try, but I suspect as many Nissan folks found out, going to the Dealer means they pack some junk fees in there.

Unless they sold you a CPO warranty? If not, then you just paid a junk fee

I would think you would absolutely have grounds for requesting a refund.

Wow! I never even knew any of this lease information. Iḿ so happy I found this forum.

Yes, I chose to purchase it. I did that with the Honda dealer I leased the car from. I had no idea of the things you mentioned regarding the purchase of my lease. Wish I had researched and found this forum long ago.
Thank you for the information.

Thank you. I will send another request for a refund. I sent an original request and they told me that they need to inspect it and to bring in the car. The thing is, I have already purchased the vehicle and not with Honda. ThereĹ› no need for the inspection. Right?

Can you clarify how the payment of things happened here? You paid $1000 to the dealer for an inspection, didn’t get it, and then paid it off separately?

They put it in the loan (I think). I did not hand over any cash or pay for anything I only remember this because I heard the first sales guy mention it and then I saw it on the paperwork. He said something like…¨we are going to do an inspection before you leave and then the guy who does the paperwork mentioned the $1000 while going over the paperwork with me. He mentioned everything so fast.

I purchased the car from Honda. The $1000 was placed into the loan I think. They did not finance me another company .

I don’t understand

CPO, hopefully?

I asked that as well, no answer.

I am assuming you did a lease buy out through that Honda dealership and they charged you 1k for an inspection. Basically 1k for them to process the lease buy out.

Sorry it took so long to respond. Here’s the deal. They charged me $1000 for a lease end inspection as I was told by one of the Honda employee’s. The added this amount to the price of the car. Honda drew up the paperwork but another company financed me. A few weeks after the sale, the other company did send me paperwork showing they financed me. At that time, I remembered that Honda never conducted the end of lease inspection they told me needed to be done so I requested my money back . After 30+ emails with about 3-5 different Honda staff, quite a few lies to get out of paying me back, I finally got someone to give me the $1000 back. Actually they sent it to the company that financed me. It actually covered 3 car payments.
Thanks to this forum, I have learned so much. Thanks everyone!

4 Likes