Alternatives to Model 3 at a similar price point

Forgive me for a long post.

I’m in a super confused state right now. Ignorance is indeed bliss.

My current lease is up by end of May and I’ll need a car then. With the current state of car leases, I just don’t want to get into a new lease at all. I wasn’t active for a few years and coming back here, looking at the scores like 6 or 7 on cars that used to have 10 or 11! There goes my plan on leasing an S5 sportback.

Anyway, I thought the Model 3 wold be the perfect fit at the price point of 50-60k, but doing some revealed all the problems associated with Tesla - customer service, inflated residuals currently, QA issues, lack of federal credit, Bland interior etc. The interior was something that always pricked me but I thought I’d get adjusted, but with these many problems, I started looking at alternatives.

The most important thing for me with the Tesla is the Supercharger network. This will be my only car and I live in an apartment, so no home charging. I could charge all day at work, but I’m not sure if there’s going to be contention for it when everyone is getting back to office. Bay Area! So I definitely need reliable charging service.

I’ve looked at some alternatives like Kia EV6 and Ford Mach-E, but the lack of Supercharger network is throwing me off from these. The only good Hybrid at this price point that I was able to find was the Volvo S60 Recharge, which has a poor electric range (Might as well go for a gas car). I’m not considering non-AWD cars as I frequently drive to snowy areas and the lack of AWD is a deal breaker!

So, my question would be, with these alternate Fully Electric cars, how feasible is it to get them without a home charging solution? Are there any other better Hybrid AWD cars at this price point? Should I just bite the bullet and get a gas car instead?

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2022 Tesla Model 3 VS…Other Cars!?