Alternative to Audi A4

Yes, going to need the AWD or Quattro as I live in Minnesota. Current car allowance through work is $425 per month so trying to get the most bang for my allowance.

This is all great info…keep it coming

How did your employer come to $425? Do you need your car for work other than commuting?

Go with the 2018 ES300h 43 MPG and going for ~$300/mo. Great on the highway.

Was just a number we settled on in our contract. Used for commuting, client visits, meetings and such.

People drive RWD in the snow. What did people do before awd?

Any proof to this? It would be all over Leasehackr if they were this cheap

George has it.

1 Like

Fantastic deals. Both are unicorns and we can’t make people get the idea these are common. They aren’t.

Your unicorn is naderade’s daily mule …

1 Like

I’m not saying it can’t be done. I’m just saying having AWD to safely commute to work in 4 inches of snow is essential. It’s a safety and convenience issue for me, and if it’s available I will take advantage of it.

Here is a pretty solid ad from a local dealer.
Essentially 375+tax for a 50k diesel 328xi… with some negotiation could easily get it down especially with loyalty or conquest.

1 Like

Other than his “deal” nobody has gotten it. This likely excludes acquisition fee, DMV fee, tax, etc and is on a base ES350 that is rarely stocked. Only 7500 miles per year as well. Combined with the fact that we don’t see tons of posts for his deals (despite the countless people that inquire), I just don’t buy it

1 Like

It already includes loyalty, conquest, etc., etc. So in other words we are looking at $400-450/month when all is said and done for most customers. On a 7 year old sedan about to replaced.

1 Like

That doesn’t include loyalty or conquest. I’ve dealt with this dealer before and they don’t include that. If I was in the market I’m confident I could probably get this under 350 out the door…

Even still, for a fully loaded 328 AWD diesel in the 4s, I would much rather have this than an a4 ESPECIALLY at 24 months.

Different strokes for different folks tho

Yes, AWD or at the very least FWD is almost a must for safety when living in MN. It seems that a majority of the “deals” are in the larger souther markets. Living in MN you really only have the Minneapolis metro and a few dealers in the luxury space. Not sure if this allows for the ability for higher mileage? What dealers will ship? Anyone have any experience in finding a car to lease states away?

Agreed.

I’ve lived in WI, MN, ND, NY, and now IL. My current Jag is the first AWD car I’ve had, all the rest have been FWD and I did just fine. My wife on the other hand, insisted on an AWD vehicle when we moved to the foothills in upstate NY because it made her more comfortable.

I definitely don’t find it is an absolute must, but if AWD is something that makes you feel safer and/or more confident on the road, then it’s probably worth it.

I’ve only had mine about a week, but I’ve put a few hundred miles on it since then. That said, I was shopping it against the A4, 3 Series, etc and I have no regrets.

Other than AWD, it has ever feature that a $50k+ luxury car has. IMO it is easily the best looking car in the non-luxury segment and might even beat out all of the luxury models except maybe the Giulia. It’s quieter and more comfortable than many luxury brand cars I’ve been in, and it maxes out at $36k!

Apologies to @jbrooks, I promise I’m done turning your thread into a Mazda commercial :sweat_smile:

An alternative meaning a better lease deal? Q50, 3 series, or perhaps a Giulia.

An alternative on the car’s merits? The Tesla Model 3 is a better drive and far more desirable IMO. Once you test drive one, you won’t want an A4, Q50, etc.

1 Like

Can you even buy a Tesla 3 right now?

Awd helps with getting moving. All 4 wheels brake in any car, so it won’t help you braking. Won’t be too drastically different in handling. They joke and say the cars that wind up the furtherst off the road in a snow storm are awd cars. Snow tires are the most important things you can get

Having said that, I’m totally with you. If I had a choice, id shell out more for awd if I lived in that environment. But fwd would still be suitable

The seats are horrendous in these Audi’s! Drive it for 30+ minutes, and you will see.