(Almost) Signed - 2024 Porsche 911 GTS 4 Cabriolet

Finally got off the 911 waitlist after right about 1 year since putting in a deposit. I originally wanted an S Cab, was told that’s a multi-year wait, told I should get on for a GTS Cab, got offered a base Cab earlier this year and declined, and finally was offered a 4GTS Cab last week.

No lease, straight up buy using some financing with a credit union (either Penfed or Congressional Federal) with 10% down (maybe more, I’ll think about it), build freeze date 6/18 with delivery 8/16. She’ll be joining my X7 M60i (also a buy back in October '22) for what I think is a solid 2 car combo.

Regarding ADM, I was told they don’t charge ADM outside of basically “overcharging a bit” for PPF/Ceramic. It’s 6k, which is not terrible and I’m actually getting a product in return and not just paying pure dealer profit.

Here’s the build if anyone has input: 911 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet | Porsche Car Configurator

And here’s the order sheet: (note it says 2023 but the system doesn’t yet allow 2024 even though that’s what it’ll eventually be)

1 Like

Iono about that $47 non tax fee. Might wanna contest that.

15 Likes

Not that it’s going to matter to you on a purchase this large, but 3k in ceramic is pure profit. It’s likely they won’t actually put anything on the car, and even if they do, it’s not costing them more than a couple hundred.

12 Likes

Full PPF runs about $4-5k, so that should be worth it no?

Legally, can they do that? I would understand if they put on a $1 worth of coating and charge $3000, but doing absolutely nothing seems…

2 Likes

They aren’t doing the whole car for 3k.

4 Likes

I can tell you factually there are plenty of dealers who sell ceramic coating and put nothing on the car. I doubt that’s the case at Porsche dealer, but still. The most expensive detailer I know still isn’t anywhere near 3k for just a proper paint correction and ceramic.

7 Likes

Finally someone posts their deal before signing =)

Grats on an amazing vehicle!

3 Likes

Regarding the PPF/Ceramic, here was the text from my SA:

“That’s the front clip, number, fenders, whole hood, and mirror caps. It is XPEL and XPEL ceramic”

I’d rather have that than just pay 6k ADM, especially as others on Rennlist have reported paying 25k ADMs for GTS models.

2 Likes

Or it’s costing them $12.99

12 Likes

Dealbreaker!

Why not just go for the turbo model? Already at $200k

That’d be a stripper Turbo cab. I’ll also never access Turbo full power (probably not even the GTS’s full power). Base Turbo with the same options as this GTS would run close to 30k more. Turbo S well over that. Also think the GTS looks better as I’m a fan of the black wheels and black accents without the giant holes/vents on the side of the car.

1 Like

Turbo motor just sounds different - that turbo badge means something- probably better resale value too

And gt3rs - you’re already at $200k

GT3 has 40-100k markup

Not even sure you can land a GT3 RS

5 Likes

But where does it stop is the issue. I went in originally not wanting to spend more than 175k, and it kept getting bumped a bit and then Porsche raised prices last week 8-10%. So, I feel like I’m already at the tail end of what I want from Porsche. Lambo and other exotics start coming to mind at 250k+

1 Like

Also, and I don’t mean to sound offensive here but I get that’s hard to convey in text, but you’re naming models like you can just go to the dealer and point at what you want. Many of these have ADMs or require quite a bit of past purchasing. This is my first Porsche, so GT3 and GT3RS models are completely out of the running.

This is the car I want, so I’m not really sure why you’re dissuading me from it.

20 Likes

Exactly. They sold a GT3 on Monday in Shark Blue to a customer after he bought 8 cars from them in 3 years (lots of flipping between two daily drivers to rack up all those buys).

2 Likes

Go for it all I’m saying if your in $200k territory why not spend an additional couple grand for the turbo

Can you negotiate extending the ceramic coat coverage? That’s got the most markup in it.

Similarly equipped? What I call a “couple” and what you call a “couple” is in two different magnitudes.

3 Likes