Ally lease return - any tips or things to look out for?

I’m returning a Toyota tundra lease in a few days (buy out didn’t make sense in current market). What are some gotchas with ally bank? This is my first lease and the truck is in over all good shape with a few Knicks in the paint but the seats have stains on them from kids and inside is a little dirty. Tires are pretty shot too.

Should I get it detailed before turning in or turn it in dirty? Any scammy stuff ally usually pulls on people? I’m guessing I’ll get dinged for tires at the bare minimum but just looking for some advice from people that have returned an ally lease before

@Anthony_Lopez sold my Ally lease to him and avoided disposition and wear tear fee, worth a shot.

1 Like

Get a pre inspection. Can buy used tires cheaper then they will charge you if needed.

1 Like

I already talked to a few people about buying it, ally has a dealer buyout that makes it not worth it for anyone to buy

yeah I was thinking about going to a mexican tire shop in town and getting some used ones put on…can get them for $100 a tire mounted. The wear is related to a mechanical problem with the truck that I have multiple service records for (and they never fixed) so hoping can use that to absolve my responsibility

@Anthony_Lopez can buy it at your price, they bought mine and I avoided paying anything at the end of my lease, worth reaching out to them.

Anthony aka DSR Leasing buys it at your price, not the ‘dealer price’. It takes a few more signatures but is perfectly legal.

And regarding Inspection, Ally says to inspect AFTER you return the car which is really bad advice. Ask Ally for an early inspection, otherwise you get a heap of charges you didn’t expect.

1 Like

Hey Joe - already talked to him, unfortunately he’s under my lessee buyout but thanks for.info

1 Like

Just for the sake of posterity; I talked to Ally and they say they have no pre-inspection service, I talked to the dealership and they said the same. Not sure who/where/what provides that service but it’s definitely not easy to track down

Just going to wash the inside and outside real well and hope for the best

Take a LOT of pictures, hopefully with a date in the picture.

Wow Ally doesn’t allow preinspection. US Bank let me a long time ago.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.