Ally Financial Lease Transfers

To follow up on this - It looks like Ally had paused transfers during covid, and then re-opened somewhere in 2021.

HOWEVER, I just spoke to them, and they have stopped lease transfers, again, as of July 2022.

The rep read a somewhat annoying/comical response of “because we are a direct lender, we only go by what is written in the lease agreement you signed with the dealer” a couple of times.

Anybody have the latest update to this by any chance?

The only update is they went from Pausing it to full hard STOP.

If you’re trying to get out of an Ally lease, contact @Anthony_Lopez , super easy process

There was equity in the lease, but it was going to be difficult to extract. Going this route the vehicle just went away and I didn’t have to mess with dealers accepting the lease return, disposition fee or wear tear items. Electronically signed everything and the vehicle was picked up a week later

1 Like

Actually already contacted him a while ago but I wasnt quite ready yet. But def very responsive and quick. Gonna reach out to you again in 2-3 months @Anthony_Lopez

i’ll be here in 2 to 3 months lol. The market is completely tanked at the moment, I think too many dealers holding too much pre owned inventory at the moment. Maybe after the July 4th holiday alot of vehicles nationwide will sell and they’ll be buying again and the market can pop back up.

2 Likes